Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Latest UPDATE 10/30/21
The Visiontek LP RX560 2GB card is now selling for $182 at Amazon.com - Limit is one gfx card per customer. The 4GB variant costs more but is available. Pastrychef owns the 4GB card and games with it. You can ask him any related questions.

Update 4/2 2021 These have already sold out even at the high prices they were asking. Seems to be the trend for most cards that work well in a hackintosh. They also work quite well in a crypto mining rig. :|

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YDL9HYS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

It's been a few years since you could buy a Low Profile RX 560 for your hackintosh. Yeston is now selling them and they will fit in your SFF or ITX computer. No supplemental power is needed.

Last edited:
Looks like this is a 14 compute unit version of RX 560 but I love that it's a single slot card.

Looks like this is a 14 compute unit version of RX 560 but I love that it's a single slot card.
Do you think the non reference port layout will be problematic for macOS ? The original RX 560s never had VGA.

Screen Shot 32.jpg

Do you think the non reference port layout will be problematic for macOS ? The original RX 560s never had VGA.

View attachment 512213

I haven't really seen port layouts being much of a problem in recent history. I think WhateverGreen does a good job of activating all ports.

Imo, the biggest bummer is lack of DisplayPort.

View attachment 512213
If I had to guess you could plug this guy in with no WEG and get video from the HDMI port. Seems like there is another option for the people that were looking for LP. Funny I paid similar amount for the RX560 4GB that I bought during the last Crypto Run. Till I could get a Vega.

No way would i consider paying $240 for an RX560, even if it had a DP. Don't care where the market is at with pricing. Luckily, I have a GTX 1650 to tide me over until AMD releases Ryzen 5000 desktop APU's. That will be my next "video card" purchase. I don't do as much gaming as I used to, so don't need something as fast as an RX 6700 or faster. I can get by with decent-looking graphics instead of out-of-this-world graphics. Ryzen 7 5750G here I come!

No way would i consider paying $240 for an RX560, even if it had a DP. Don't care where the market is at with pricing. Luckily, I have a GTX 1650 to tide me over until AMD releases Ryzen 5000 desktop APU's. That will be my next "video card" purchase. I don't do as much gaming as I used to, so don't need something as fast as an RX 6700 or faster. I can get by with decent-looking graphics instead of out-of-this-world graphics. Ryzen 7 5750G here I come!
Has someone got the Ryzen GPU working on a hack?

Not many options for LP GPU however, this card will work in LP setting and it is not a bad card even though it is old. It can run games on medium settings pretty well, it has roughly the same power as the Apple Silicon GPU!

And it is purple that has got to add a lot of value!

Even the not so popular Visiontek RX560 has doubled in price from a Chinese seller on Newegg. The main problem with these is the fan noise. Definitely not worth $400.

Screen Shot 7.jpg

Last edited:
I put this on HP Z230 SFF and its run good enough on big sur and windows 10. Got this on aliexpress.
GPU-Z results from their advertising are different from the actual product.

Attachments

• IMG_20210605_223326.jpg
    IMG_20210605_223326.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 340
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 23.04.00.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 23.04.00.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 323
  • Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    490.6 KB · Views: 371
  • Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png