Contribute
Register

Yellow Screen on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte ga-ph67-ds3-b3 rev.1
CPU
3.49 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
GeForce 210 1024 MB
HI, I'm a bit of a newbie with hack's,
had this build for about 6 years now and have had no problems until now.

Basically, after turning on after a weekend of being away my hack now has a yellow screen. Some parts of the screen are totally normal but other areas are yellow, such as the main window and taskbar. This problem can flick between normal and yellow depending on highlighting and clicking.

Any advice/fix would be greatly appreciated.

Also I have tried a nvram reset but this hasn't seen to have done anything. I can't be 100% sure it has worked though as when i try this option my hack does not restart, just gives me the option to boot from mac hd then sits on the grey loading screen until I restart the computer.

Always loads up with a normal screen, not until you begin to use does the yellow screen problem occur.

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 13.11.03.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 13.10.22.png

Sounds like a failing GPU. Have you tried it with iGPI CPU graphics from the board rather than the GT210?

Also check the cable and connectors of your video lead.

Sounds like a failing GPU. Have you tried it with iGPI CPU graphics from the board rather than the GT210?

I've not tried that yet as I'm unsure of how to check. is it literally a case of pulling the graphics card?...
it's now only making it to the grey boot screen also, occasionally boots up but still with yellow screen.

All leads and connections checked also.

I've not tried that yet as I'm unsure of how to check. is it literally a case of pulling the graphics card?...
it's now only making it to the grey boot screen also, occasionally boots up but still with yellow screen.

All leads and connections checked also.
Disconnect cable to display from the GT210 and connect to main board graphics port. Boot to BIOS and set First Init Display to iGPU and set iGPU memory to 64M, save&exit, continue boot. Since you do not list your CPU model I have no way to tell what it has for sure, but a 2600K, which matches your board PCH is probably a good guess. If that is what you have the CPU's HD3000 should work OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back