Contribute
Register

Yamaha USB-MIDI Keyboard not recognized?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,
First off, thanks so much for helping me achieve a (almost) seamlessly functional machine! this forum rocks!
But secondly,
I've been really excited to try out logic pro on my new build, but I've run into a bit of a problem. I frequently connect my Yamaha YPG-225 keyboard to my macbook pro, and it works fine. But, for some reason when I connect it to my custom Snow Leopard PC (10.6.6), the computer doesn't recognize it at all. I've installed the latest Yamaha USB-Midi driver v1.2.1, but no keyboard recognition. Its not the USB port because all of my usb devices work fine (including my printer which i connect using the same cable as the keyboard).
I've also tried installing an earlier version of the driver that I know works on my macbook pro (v1.1.1) but still nothing.

has anyone had a similar problem?
Thanks so much for the insight

Here are my specs:

motherboard: ASUS Maximus III Formula (P55 chipset)
CPU: Intel quad-core i7-860
VGA: ASUS EAH5850 DIRECTCU/2DIS/1GD5 Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro)
sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro (because my internal sound card won't work with SL)

multibeast install:
-DSDT (for Maximus III Formula)
-System Utilities
-64 bit apple boot screen

secondary multibeast installs
-audio: VoodooHDA 2.7.2
-video: Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental
Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Sandy Bridge

blaink

First of all, is your MacBook pro running 64 or 32 bits OSX 10.6.6?

I've seen that 32bits for music applications are preferred... I originally had an Apple G4 1,25DP (A.D. 2002 :p ) and I succeeded reinstalling all my music softwares and my MIDI configuration without hassles. By the way, I have 3 MotU Midi Express 128 interfaces and several MIDI devces...

Thus, you could re run MultiBeast and go back to 32bits.

Another thing I don't understand of tour build is the reason why you used Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Sandy Bridge

Always remember to run pfix and/or Kexthelper and/or Disk Utility to repair disk permissions.

wavesequence said:
blaink

First of all, is your MacBook pro running 64 or 32 bits OSX 10.6.6?

I've seen that 32bits for music applications are preferred... I originally had an Apple G4 1,25DP (A.D. 2002 :p ) and I succeeded reinstalling all my music softwares and my MIDI configuration without hassles. By the way, I have 3 MotU Midi Express 128 interfaces and several MIDI devces...

Thus, you could re run MultiBeast and go back to 32bits.

Another thing I don't understand of tour build is the reason why you used Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Sandy Bridge

Always remember to run pfix and/or Kexthelper and/or Disk Utility to repair disk permissions.

thanks for the reply! i wasn't notified that you did...

I'll try running multibeast for 32 bit then.
the reason why i used chameleon 2.0 RC% - Sandy Bridge is because its the only thing that worked through trial and error to get the system running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back