Contribute
Register

Yah I got It to Boot but I see no disk in the Disk Utility!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
WHITEBOX
CPU
E5300
Graphics
Nvidia Gforce 8400 GS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
OK, This has got to be a simple one, I finally got a usb boot via mountain lion but I see no disk to install to.
I'm running A Dell Optplex 745, intel core2 duo 2.5gig ram and Intel Video. Small 80 gig drive. Why don't i see it?
Idea's?
Thanks In Advance!

Get access to a Mac. Use Kext Wizard (google it) and install IOATAFamily.Kext to the extra/Extensions folder on the Unibeast drive. You'll need to view hidden files to do so - (google the terminal command to do this). I used to have that computer - good build for a hack!

If you have updated your BIOS then there is a good chance that you have reset your SATA controller back to IDE (or maybe forgot to change it in the first place). Enter your BIOS and change it to AHCI mode.

He would not be able to get UniBeast to boot if was not in AHCI mode - which on that board is called "Legacy" mode under hard drive control settings.

{SOLVED}Yah I got It to Boot but I see no disk in the Disk Utility!

I tried one other source for the IOATAFamily.kext Version 2.5.1 and it fixed the issue! I now get past the fact that i didnt see any disk drives.
I'm installing Mountain Lion right now and its almost done! I hope its as stable as snow leopard! I have not had a single issue for over a year with my 10.6.8 machine!
THanks, AGAIN!
Pat,

It boots but fails Now! IOATAFamily.kext is not Authentic!

I've can now see the drive! Now another problem, When the install is almost done it fails. So i did it again and turned onlogging. I found that it is stating that the IOATAFamily.kext is not authentic! it then ommits it from prelinked kernel. The install quits at this point Any suggestions? I also references the IOATAPIProtocolTransport.kext and IOATABlocksStorage.kext and states that they are not authentic either! I suspect these are all apart of the ioatafamily?
Well This is starting to get deeper than I would normally want to go but I have this hardware otherwise just sitting around so i really want to get it going.
Thanks,
Pat,

I tried that one and no luck It doesnt see the drive at all. Maybe I should go buy an Intel Ich9,10 SATA controller? Or does someone have another recommendation?
Thanks again for all the advice!
Pat,

I have one that works. Are you using a disk configured with MBR or GPT partition scheme?

I will go back to my mac install and get you the file and post it here in about 10 minutes.

I am at the same stage as you. I just got the ioatafamily installed with kext wizard, but now I am getting and error, it is saying please go back to disk manager and reformat your disk to GPT partition scheme. I am finding this weird because I installed lion and never got this error. Any ideas there?

There ya go buddy, there is the file I used that worked.

BTW for the MBR I used the files and guide at this site:

http://osx86.co/f102/how-to-install-osx-mountain-lion-on-pc-t7732/

Attachments

• IOATAFamily.kext.zip
    406.3 KB · Views: 493
Thanks for the File, I tried it and it states that its not authentic either. It does see my disk drive though but fails in the last 3 minutes of the install. It looks like this one is part of Iboot. I used a very similiar method to setup the usb drive. Almost exactly the same. I will try using another type if IO controller to see if that will do it...
Unless someone has any ideas. Should i try using another install method?
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back