Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4095 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi guys, trying this unibeast method on my laptop.
its a dell xps m1330
core 2 duo
on-board graphics.

I've set ahci mode in the bios,
i get to the installer, format my drive, start the installation, but then it freezes.

I've tried the options at the boot loader such as single user, verbose mode, ignore cache.
but it still freezes during install. the hdd activity light doesn't show any hdd activity either once its frozen. mouse and keyboard stop too.

any suggestions?

think i might have solved this myself... i didn't cop that integrated graphics were not supported...

-v GraphicsEnabler=No seems to have got past the part where it stalls

I have a Dell 1530 with similar freeze issue.

Somehow I managed to install Lion, now when I boot it works fine but its unstable. It freezes anytime for no reason. Do you think I am having same problem ?

Unwesen said:
Try the DSDT from the EPD forum for Dell D630/X3100.

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php? ... n-on-d630/

It worked for me with
the same notebook (Dell 1330 x3100).
And arch=i386 - 64-bit with x3100 is not supported.

Hi enwesen which install method did you use? did you go clean install for lion or snow leopard -- lion upgrade?

any info on how you got it working would be amazing as I'm still struggling to get this to install :/

I had the same problem with my m1530. I just kept trying and eventually it held off freezing long enough to install. It actually still froze near the end but somehow when I restarted the lion disk was bootable and it worked. Took like twenty tries though.. learned a bunch of Objective-C in the meantime.

z3n33 said:
I had the same problem with my m1530. I just kept trying and eventually it held off freezing long enough to install. It actually still froze near the end but somehow when I restarted the lion disk was bootable and it worked. Took like twenty tries though.. learned a bunch of Objective-C in the meantime.

So no freeze after post installation ? Did you install any special Kexts after install ? For me I managed to install Lion after many tries but it still freezes randomly when I am using it.

siddharthmenon said:
z3n33 said:

So no freeze after post installation ? Did you install any special Kexts after install ? For me I managed to install Lion after many tries but it still freezes randomly when I am using it.

No, I haven't had any freezes since the OS installed. Your situation is very strange. Did you change anything before it started freezing, or has it been doing that ever since the install?

Here is a link to my \Extra and \Systems\Extra\Extentions folders:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40384224/m1530 Lion Folders.zip
They include all kexts necessary to make all the hardware work as well as sleep and restart. If you use them, make sure to use them fully, not just bits and pieces, or you might get kernel panics from conflicting kexts. Hopefully they fix your problem, otherwise I'm not sure what the cause could be.

hello. I have the same problem. It boots from the usb and froze. I will try to put it overnight and see if it works. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back