Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9700 (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-10875H
Graphics
UHD 630, 1980x1200
I was able to get the CPU (i7 10875H) down to minimum at idle and the package is drawing about 5w (memory + cpu). coconutBattery shows 20w power draw. I tried using SSDT-dGPU-Off.aml and SSDT-NoHybGfx.aml but I don't believe they are doing the job. Admittedly a novice around ACPI but I don't see the _OFF or _PS3 methods for the graphics card (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP) under that section in my DSDT.

Anyone know a fix to get the dGPU off? Attached is my DSDT for reference. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    280.6 KB · Views: 53
I was able to get the CPU (i7 10875H) down to minimum at idle and the package is drawing about 5w (memory + cpu). coconutBattery shows 20w power draw. I tried using SSDT-dGPU-Off.aml and SSDT-NoHybGfx.aml but I don't believe they are doing the job. Admittedly a novice around ACPI but I don't see the _OFF or _PS3 methods for the graphics card (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP) under that section in my DSDT.

Anyone know a fix to get the dGPU off? Attached is my DSDT for reference. Thanks!
-wegnoegpu add this to bootargs

what igpu comes with the cpu?

Appears to be a variant of UHD 630, I'm using platform id 0500A53E + SMBIOS iMac19,1 with a bunch of framebuffer patches to get my internal screen working + dual 4k monitors @60 Hz over display port.

Most likely _OFF method will be in another SSDT, upload all your acpi tables

Most likely _OFF method will be in another SSDT, upload all your acpi tables
Yeah, appears to be in an SSDT. Not sure why it doesn't work though. Extract are the native tables, ACPI are my OC add-ins.

Attachments

• extract.zip
    103.9 KB · Views: 57
  • ACPI.zip
    21 KB · Views: 59
There is no PEGP._OFF, but there is a PEG0._OFF, may want to try that

Attachments

• SSDT-dGPU-Off.aml
    179 bytes · Views: 50
There is no PEGP._OFF, but there is a PEG0._OFF, may want to try that
I see what you're saying. Tried your SSDT, no luck. It actually does seem like the SSDT-NoHybGfx.aml brings the power draw from ~35-40w down to 20w, so it's possible that the _PS3 call is actually working. But I also don't know if 15w for a D3 dGPU is actually normal so I'm not even sure it's working.

I see what you're saying. Tried your SSDT, no luck. It actually does seem like the SSDT-NoHybGfx.aml brings the power draw from ~35-40w down to 20w, so it's possible that the _PS3 call is actually working. But I also don't know if 15w for a D3 dGPU is actually normal so I'm not even sure it's working.
Seems likely, my zbook idles at around 14-17W depending on screen brightness (17"screen uses lots of juice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back