CPU
i7-8705G
Graphics
HD 630/RX Vega M GL, 3840 x 2160
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Tried using VoodooI2c to see if the track pad has any hope. No dice. However, I found out that removing the Mouse and Touchpad internal kexts from VoodooPS2Controller does keep the touch pad uninitialized, thus avoiding a total keyboard freeze when touching the track pad.

I also followed the guide to shutdown the Radeon Vega chip, and it did reduce the power load by about 2 Watts. Problem is that there's now a kernel panic when waking from sleep since the Vega GPU is now disabled. No idea how to fix that yet.

I also managed to tweak the CPU power management so that the idle frequency reported by the Intel power gadget would hover around 800Mhz.

So if I could manage to fix the wake kernel panic on lid open, I think this is as much bang I'm getting out of this machine, as I'm running out of ideas on how to make the track pad work.

Cheers!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0WV8FC
CPU
i7-8705G
Graphics
HD 630 & RX Vega M GL
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
@jjzazuet Great finding that’s now you can disable the touchpad. My laptop is FHD not UHD do I have to change anything in your Clover folder to try it?

I’ve noticed that it’s hot and fan running high when using Mac in comparison to running Windows. Power is not really optimal. If we can work this out it’s really awesome.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9575 - Clover
CPU
i7-8705G
Graphics
HD 630/RX Vega M GL, 3840 x 2160
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@jjzazuet do I have to change anything in your Clover folder to try it?

1) Since your display is FHD, most likely you'll need to tweak the Whatevergeeen.ketx boot command arguments since I had to apply fixes that are particular to the 4K display version. In other words, I'm not sure if the internal video display card connections to the LCD panel on the laptop have the exact same specifications. Give the CLOVER folder a shot as it is. If there's no video output, perhaps that could be a good troubleshooting starting point.

2) Make sure you're on BIOS version 1.7.1, since that's what I had on the laptop at the time I came up with this CLOVER folder structure.

@jjzazuet I’ve noticed that it’s hot and fan running high when using Mac in comparison to running Windows. Power is not really optimal.

If you were able to boot into MacOS with the CLOVER folder I'm using, post a screenshot of the Intel power gadget tool. On my machine, I'm getting a core package reading of about 2.4 watts on average, which makes the machine last about 3 hours on battery or so.

Cheers.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9575
CPU
i7-8705G
Graphics
RX Vega M GL
Was wondering if anyone had an update with this device. I’ve gotten everything up and running besides the touchpad, touchscreen, and audio.

h2a

Motherboard
DC3217IYE
CPU
i3-3217
Graphics
Intel Integrated
@jjzazuet Great finding that’s now you can disable the touchpad. My laptop is FHD not UHD do I have to change anything in your Clover folder to try it?

I’ve noticed that it’s hot and fan running high when using Mac in comparison to running Windows. Power is not really optimal. If we can work this out it’s really awesome.

Did you ever get graphics acceleration working on your Dell XPS 15 9575 with FHD? I have one but I was never able to get it working. I haven't even attempted to get anything else working on it besides being able to boot it because the graphics are so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.