Contribute
Register

XPS 9360 Installation stalling at 2 minutes left

Status
Not open for further replies.
AptioMemoryFix.efi is from the last Clover 4439 package

I have no idea which version of AptioMemoryFix.efi is included in the sourceforge Clover.
You should check (boot verbose and look).

It is booting with full graphics.

You might try invalid ig-platform-id to avoid any graphics related issues.

APFS install

Try HFS+J instead.

DVMT-prealloc is set to 64MB (set via EFI-Shell)

If you have 4k display (no details for your laptop in your profile..), probably better with 128mb.
Please fix your profile as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Update:

I tried installing the new RehabMan Clover 4444 package on my USB2 drive and it stalled multiple times after about 15 minutes, so I gave up and switched back to a USB3 drive.

I performed new installation with the following changes:

- Booted to EFI Shell and updated DVMT-prealloc. Even though when I had extracted the BIOS previously and did not find a variable for 128MB, I chose to use the setting that "the-darkvoid" used here: https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9360-macOS.

setup_var 0x785 0x06

- Installed RehabMan's Clover 4444 package on the USB3
- Selected OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi this time
- Installed the latest Intel 630 plist from RehabMan's repo
- Disabled the DVMT 32mb patch

After the first installation stage, computer rebooted. I had a new menu option in clover: Boot macOS Install from macOS. This next step got further than any other previous attempt. I went through the second install stage and it reached to somewhere along the lines of 4 minutes left and the installation crashed. I attached the crash report here.

Strangely enough, on the next boot Clover now showed "Boot macOS from macOS". I selected this and it continued to the welcome/setup screen for High Sierra.

I now can boot into High Sierra. I've installed RehabMan's clover 4444 and the same plist and kexts as attached and can repeatedly boot into High Sierra.

I wish I could find out which change made the difference. I may swap back over to the original NVMe drive and see if I can repeat the process.

Attachments

• Installer Log 20-Apr-2018.txt
    428.6 KB · Views: 124
  • config.plist
    10.4 KB · Views: 186
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 62
  • preboot.log.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 56
Update:

I swapped back to the NVMe drive that came with the XPS. Made two attempts to install High Sierra with the exact same USB drive and both attempts failed.

This leaves me to believe that I've had two problems all along:

1. NVMe drive compatibilty
2. Either a) needing to switch to the brand new RM Clover 4444, or b) Setting DVMT-prealloc to 128MB

I'm now going to swap back the 850 EVO m.2 SATA drive and work on getting full functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back