Contribute
Register

XPS 15 9570 Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 168
that is updated for 10.14.4? or it doesn't make a difference?
this EFI you have to use it only to finish the installation then use the one found at the beginning of this page

Thank you Nokrato. Looks like the issues I was having getting off the ground is that my SSD is a 970 Evo which KP's just by being present. Disabling it actually boots. Looks like I'm going to need to get a different SSD!

Thank you Nokrato. Looks like the issues I was having getting off the ground is that my SSD is a 970 Evo which KP's just by being present. Disabling it actually boots. Looks like I'm going to need to get a different SSD!
I had your same problem using the normal hard disk.
and before installing everything you have to format your hard disk to make sure you can read

I had your same problem using the normal hard disk.
and before installing everything you have to format your hard disk to make sure you can read

The one time I was actually able to get it formatted (1 time out of 30-40 tries), it still didn't like it. In another thread, someone said the SSD I had wasn't compatible. I put a different m.2 drive in and the whole thing worked like a charm!

Sevinkroff,

I tried LuletterSoul's EFI last night and I wasn't able to boot without the trackpad not working at all.

I've tried every EFI I could find for this system including assembling my own. I'm back to using mostly yours.

Have you been able to get your trackpad to work better? I don't care about gestures but would love to not have the cursor jump or move when I go to double click on something.

I've turned off every gesture option in the trackpad options but I still have a jumpy cursor when I go to double click.

I know you haven't setup VoodooI2C yet, would VoodooI2CSynaptics be a better option?

I'm brand new at this and have been reading quite a bit, but i'm still pretty lost about what I need to edit to allow for my i7 8750H, 1080P screen, 8gb of ram and 256gb Toshiba SSD. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Welp. My 9570 arrives tomorrow and I'm going to run an install using LuLetterSoul's EFI build and SevinKroff's video he put out on youtube. Will let you guys know how it goes. The github he built it on is completely in chinese so i guess i'm going in sorta blind.

Welp. My 9570 arrives tomorrow and I'm going to run an install using LuLetterSoul's EFI build and SevinKroff's video he put out on youtube. Will let you guys know how it goes. The github he built it on is completely in chinese so i guess i'm going in sorta blind.
I'd recommend using BavarianCake's Build. Only build that worked for me after several attempts with others. Also, If your going to use lulettersoul's, use chrome, right click and translate it. https://github.com/bavariancake/XPS9570-macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back