After a while I ran OS Mojave on my xps 15 here is the EFI

Specifications of my laptop

Processor
Intel Core i5-8400H

Graphics adapter
Grafica Intel® UHD 630

Memory
8192 MB
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Working

Intel UHD 630 Graphics
Wifi & Bluetooth - Works, but need to use a DW1830/DW1560
(this EFI includes support for DW1560 as that is what I am using)
Sound - using layout-id 72 and included kexts works great.
layout-id 30 causes power management issues for me with an i7-8750H. May differ with you.
Camera
Screen brightness: brightlight control works, need to connect an external keyboard
ONCE to setup brightness increase/decrease shortcut keys in settings
Sleep: Sleep works (both by pressing the sleep button in menu bar, and by closing the lid)
Touchpad: Working with voodoops2 (later will use voodooi2c for advanced gestures)
Undervolt - use voltageShift (search Google)

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Not working
HDMI Output
1050TI graphics card(can not be driven under macOS-Mojave system)
The hardware of SD card reader is not recognized and can not work properly.
Thunderbolt 3?
Battery capacity identification 82 watts, the actual battery capacity is 95 watts. (Capacity is not correctly identified)

______________________________________________________________________________________________ thank you

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    40.3 MB · Views: 20,236
Last edited:
Not a Desktop - Not a Guide - Moved to Laptop Support.

I think this EFI may be better than my EFI that OP linked. It seems to have more capabilities:
Sevinkroff,

I tried LuletterSoul's EFI last night and I wasn't able to boot without the trackpad not working at all.

I've tried every EFI I could find for this system including assembling my own. I'm back to using mostly yours.

Have you been able to get your trackpad to work better? I don't care about gestures but would love to not have the cursor jump or move when I go to double click on something.

I've turned off every gesture option in the trackpad options but I still have a jumpy cursor when I go to double click.

I know you haven't setup VoodooI2C yet, would VoodooI2CSynaptics be a better option?

Last edited:
Sevinkroff,

I tried LuletterSoul's EFI last night and I wasn't able to boot without the trackpad not working at all.

I've tried every EFI I could find for this system including assembling my own. I'm back to using mostly yours.

Have you been able to get your trackpad to work better? I don't care about gestures but would love to not have the cursor jump or move when I go to double click on something.

I've turned off every gesture option in the trackpad options but I still have a jumpy cursor when I go to double click.

I know you haven't setup VoodooI2C yet, would VoodooI2CSynaptics be a better option?
my trackpad works perfectly ... what laptop do you have?

I have the XPS 9570. Details are in my profile. When I tried to use LuletterSoul's EFI the trackpad would not work at all.

Did you change anything from Sevinkroff's EFI for your trackpad? If not, I don't know why my cursor jumps.

Last edited:
Can you share your EFI that you used for the initial install? I'm getting constant KP's. I got as far as the second reboot to continue the install and it just reboots after 30 seconds of the attempt.

Can you share your EFI that you used for the initial install? I'm getting constant KP's. I got as far as the second reboot to continue the install and it just reboots after 30 seconds of the attempt.
which laptop you are using

Sevinkroff,

advanced gestures don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back