Contribute
Register

XPS 15 9560 MacOS Catalina 15.1 Full Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everyone seeing for battery usage on their 9560? I have the 1080p FHD version and I'm getting about 11w idle with brightness turned down to about 2 blocks. I've tried undervolting, but that didn't make any noticeable difference.

@Lopburi @blazinsmokey I confirm Mistzzt OpenCore work on xps9560 works a threat and is very stable.

You will have to disable CFG Lock like @slowpoke12345 described above.

I applied all the bios edits from her repo.

Additional Patches from AlexJames also covers undervolting (I left those - should work)

I have the latest Dell Xps 1.20.0 bios and all the patches applied correctly.

For 1080p model use UI scale = 1 for Retina UI Scale = 2 in your config file.

Again be careful when messing with your Bios. Good luck ;-)
Damn man you're still at it. Respect!
I haven't touched my laptop for probably a year, you guys get Big Sur working with opencore on it?
My desktop can't install/update to Big Sur due to some issues but can apparently boot if I transplant the installation, so I may need to get this laptop running again. The laptop is decent but man I regret not just paying more for a MBP.

@Lopburi @blazinsmokey I confirm Mistzzt OpenCore work on xps9560 works a threat and is very stable.

You will have to disable CFG Lock like @slowpoke12345 described above.

I applied all the bios edits from her repo.

Additional Patches from AlexJames also covers undervolting (I left those - should work)

I have the latest Dell Xps 1.20.0 bios and all the patches applied correctly.

For 1080p model use UI scale = 1 for Retina UI Scale = 2 in your config file.

Again be careful when messing with your Bios. Good luck ;-)
:mad: look at what you made me do @mazakiss

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Big Sur OpenCore

Good news. The latest bios update for the xps 9560 fixes the ability of the Dell wd19tb dock to work with this Catalina hackintosh
Which BIOS version? And have you updated to 1.21.0?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back