Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9550
CPU
6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Quad Core
Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M with 2GB GDDR5
I have a weird problem with a usb thumb drive not getting detected after successful boot/login to my latest Sierra OS.

When I take the usb drive out and in, it is NOT getting recognized. However, if I put a different USB drive to the same USB port, it works. Then, I can put the original USB in. Very strange.

Looks like the USB detection gets cleared up if a different USB device it plugged in. I am using the latest version of FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and USBInjectAll.kext, and port # increase to 24 in the clover.

I have a weird problem with a usb thumb drive not getting detected after successful boot/login to my latest Sierra OS.

Not getting detected by what? Are your referring to BIOS detection, Clover detection, or OS X/macOS detection.

Looks like the USB detection gets cleared up if a different USB device it plugged in. I am using the latest version of FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and USBInjectAll.kext, and port # increase to 24 in the clover.

If problem is with macOS/OS X:
See USB guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

I got it fixed. I had FSInject, HFSPlus, OsxApitoFixDrive and OsXFatBinarDrv in the clover drivers64UEFI. A few more efi are now added as part of clover reinstall, and my usb thumb drive is recognized consistently. I am guessing Fat-64.efi did the magic. The case solved.

I got it fixed. I had FSInject, HFSPlus, OsxApitoFixDrive and OsXFatBinarDrv in the clover drivers64UEFI. A few more efi are now added as part of clover reinstall, and my usb thumb drive is recognized consistently. I am guessing Fat-64.efi did the magic. The case solved.

Fat-64.efi is not required. No such thing as OsxApitoFixDrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back