Contribute
Register

XPS 13 9360

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a month of trials and fails, I'm trying from scratch with a new installation with open core since I wanted to try Big Sur out. Since the documentation seemed way more comprehensible, I thought I could give it a try. I've followed the guide on dortania and I'm now able to get to the Welcome screen where you can select the region, but after a few seconds everything freezes and I have to force shutdown the laptop. Weird thing is that in the first 30 seconds or so everything works just fine and if I'm fast enough i can even select a random country and see the next page in the setup procedure. DummyPowerManagement under Kernel->Emulate, CpuTscSync.kext and TSCAdjustReset.kext didn't do the trick unfortunately. I've also tried setting TscSyncTimeout to 5000 as I thought Any idea what the problem could be or where the KP log may be saved? I've attached the txt file generated by open core but I'm not seeing anything regarding a freeze or kernel panic.

Thanks for the help @Feartech

Attachments

• Share EFI.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 67
After a month of trials and fails, I'm trying from scratch with a new installation with open core since I wanted to try Big Sur out. Since the documentation seemed way more comprehensible, I thought I could give it a try. I've followed the guide on dortania and I'm now able to get to the Welcome screen where you can select the region, but after a few seconds everything freezes and I have to force shutdown the laptop. Weird thing is that in the first 30 seconds or so everything works just fine and if I'm fast enough i can even select a random country and see the next page in the setup procedure. DummyPowerManagement under Kernel->Emulate, CpuTscSync.kext and TSCAdjustReset.kext didn't do the trick unfortunately. I've also tried setting TscSyncTimeout to 5000 as I thought Any idea what the problem could be or where the KP log may be saved? I've attached the txt file generated by open core but I'm not seeing anything regarding a freeze or kernel panic.

Thanks for the help @Feartech
Hey, I've got a 9360 with a 7560U. Had similar issues using OC. At this point, I can boot and have some graphics acceleration but I can only get it to boot by plugging in an external monitor. I'm sure it has something to do with the VRAM/framebuffer but I have no idea what the settings are supposed to be. Have you figured this out by any chance?

Hey, I've got a 9360 with a 7560U. Had similar issues using OC. At this point, I can boot and have some graphics acceleration but I can only get it to boot by plugging in an external monitor. I'm sure it has something to do with the VRAM/framebuffer but I have no idea what the settings are supposed to be. Have you figured this out by any chance?
I did a fresh install and followed the guide again, now my system is working reliably. If I remember correctly, I solved my problems thanks to a guy on ****** which gave me this table. It turns out the guide on dortania is not 100% correct and the iGPU configuration indicated there is not correct. Try seeing if correcting that solves your problem

PS: as I have been tinkering with this laptop since 2017, I have my DVMT set to 64MB via boot patching, a procedure I did back in the days following the guide in the LTS guide on this forum for the 9360. I don't know if this is still required (I think it can be avoided thanks to a setting in OC)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back