CPU
I7-7550U
Graphics
Iris Plus 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone! I have an XPS 13 9360 with an i7-7560U, iris 640 and 4k monitor. My boots and works ok, but there are minor bugs that I need to fix:

1. connecting a USB-C dongle works in terms of USB connectivity (both hot plug and cold plug) but as soon as I attach an HDMI cable, the screen freezes and I'm forced to shutdown the laptop by pressing the power button. If I try to start the laptop by turning it on while the USB-C - HDMI is inserted clover boots fine, it gets to the point where I can hear the charging sound (if I have the laptop plugged in) and the screen remains black. I've tried both with a Fitfort USBC dongle and with the official apple one. I really need to be able to use a second screen so this is the major problem that I would Love to fix asap
  2. Wifi takes a long time (2 or 3 minutes) to work after boot. If I go to system preferences it says that there are no devices connected and the mouse wheel spins if I try to click on the wifi button on the menubar. After a couple of minutes the wifi is recognised and works flawlessly. This is more an inconvenience than anything but if solvable I would be thrilled!
  3. The booting process seems to take a while to complete, so I guess something makes it hang for a bit but I can't understand what it is. Again, this is a minor problem that I don't actually need to fix, it's here mainly for context
Thank you for any help you can give me!

Attachments

• debug_18982.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 85
Hi everyone! I have an XPS 13 9360 with an i7-7560U, iris 640 and 4k monitor. My boots and works ok, but there are minor bugs that I need to fix:

1. connecting a USB-C dongle works in terms of USB connectivity (both hot plug and cold plug) but as soon as I attach an HDMI cable, the screen freezes and I'm forced to shutdown the laptop by pressing the power button. If I try to start the laptop by turning it on while the USB-C - HDMI is inserted clover boots fine, it gets to the point where I can hear the charging sound (if I have the laptop plugged in) and the screen remains black. I've tried both with a Fitfort USBC dongle and with the official apple one. I really need to be able to use a second screen so this is the major problem that I would Love to fix asap
  2. Wifi takes a long time (2 or 3 minutes) to work after boot. If I go to system preferences it says that there are no devices connected and the mouse wheel spins if I try to click on the wifi button on the menubar. After a couple of minutes the wifi is recognised and works flawlessly. This is more an inconvenience than anything but if solvable I would be thrilled!
  3. The booting process seems to take a while to complete, so I guess something makes it hang for a bit but I can't understand what it is. Again, this is a minor problem that I don't actually need to fix, it's here mainly for context
Thank you for any help you can give me!
i have given you your own thread

no need for sorted order with hotaptch, you can make things worse by doing that

remove debug from your boot arguments

your kextcache output is a mess:
Code:
kextcache -i /
kextcache -arch x86_64 -local-root -all-loaded -kernel /System/Library/Kernels/kernel -prelinked-kernel /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -volume-root / /Library/Extensions /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions /Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions
IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out.
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe2717bc140 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe271414610 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe271772150 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }
/Library/Extensions/IntelGraphicsFixup.kext - no compatible dependency found for as.vit9696.Lilu.
/Library/Extensions/IntelGraphicsFixup.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe27179eb10 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe27141a820 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe271798e50 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe271718240 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe27140eb30 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleBacklightFixup.kext/", ID = "com.hieplpvip.AppleBacklightFixup" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe27170a7d0 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe271537dc0 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe271521d70 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext/", ID = "org.tw.CodecCommander" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe27170b7a0 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe271706000 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" }
KernelCache ID: CB161CD220FEC8434E074F7D56623BBB
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffe90f9e5f0 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffe90fa1070 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffe90d05e30 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffe90da8270 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext/", ID = "org.tw.CodecCommander" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffe90d66d30 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67050) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffe92b92860 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Sinetek-rtsx.kext/", ID = "com.sinet3k.Sinetek-rtsx" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffe92b94ef0 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleBacklightFixup.kext/", ID = "com.hieplpvip.AppleBacklightFixup" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffe92b9c610 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffe92b9ebb0 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffe92ba3040 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffe92ba6510 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffe92bae9a0 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffe92bb84b0 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ffe92d15c80 [0x7fff8a73e8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2" }

remove those kexts and just keep them in clover/kexts/other

then run hackintool to make sure your kexts are up to date

i have given you your own thread no need for sorted order with hotaptch, you can make things worse by doing that remove debug from your boot arguments your kextcache output is a mess:
Code:
kextcache -i / kextcache -arch x86_64 -local-root -all-loaded -kernel /System/Library/Kernels/kernel -prelinked-kernel /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -volume-root / /Library/Extensions /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions /Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out. Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" } /Library/Extensions/IntelGraphicsFixup.kext - no compatible dependency found for as.vit9696.Lilu. /Library/Extensions/IntelGraphicsFixup.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere) Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleBacklightFixup.kext/", ID = "com.hieplpvip.AppleBacklightFixup" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext/", ID = "org.tw.CodecCommander" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" } KernelCache ID: CB161CD220FEC8434E074F7D56623BBB Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext/", ID = "org.tw.CodecCommander" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" } Kext with invalid signature (-67050) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Sinetek-rtsx.kext/", ID = "com.sinet3k.Sinetek-rtsx" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleBacklightFixup.kext/", ID = "com.hieplpvip.AppleBacklightFixup" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" } Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2" }
remove those kexts and just keep them in clover/kexts/other then run hackintool to make sure your kexts are up to date

thank you, I followed your suggestion: I’ve deleted the kexts that gave errors and moved them to EFI, then checked with hackintool, downloaded the updated ones and replaced them. Problem, the laptop now shows a black screen after the Apple logo. I guess I messed up something with some video kext, but I’ve no idea if I have to add any or if there’s a boot argument I’ve missed

thank you, I followed your suggestion: I’ve deleted the kexts that gave errors and moved them to EFI, then checked with hackintool, downloaded the updated ones and replaced them. Problem, the laptop now shows a black screen after the Apple logo. I guess I messed up something with some video kext, but I’ve no idea if I have to add any or if there’s a boot argument I’ve missed
boot verbose mode to see the issue

boot verbose mode to see the issue
There was no issue showed in verbose mode. macOS completed the boot, showed the animation of the apple logo with the loadingcompleting and then the screen turned black. I've tried using the old EFI/Clover/Kext/Other folder and I was able to boot with no problem. SO my current situation is that I've removed the problematic kexts but I haven't moved them to EFI. However, the problems listed in the first post are still there.

New problem reporting files attached

Attachments

• debug_15812.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 57
There was no issue showed in verbose mode. macOS completed the boot, showed the animation of the apple logo with the loadingcompleting and then the screen turned black. I've tried using the old EFI/Clover/Kext/Other folder and I was able to boot with no problem. SO my current situation is that I've removed the problematic kexts but I haven't moved them to EFI. However, the problems listed in the first post are still there.

New problem reporting files attached
you have OsxAptioFix3Drv and AptioMemoryFix, only 1 is needed, test each one to see which ones works on your system

still needs to be removed:
Code:
<key>SortedOrder</key>
        <array>
            <string>SSDT-XOSI.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-Config.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-IGPU.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-PNLF.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-BRT6.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-ALS0.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-HDEF.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-ALC256.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-UIAC.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-USBX.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-PTSWAK.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-PRW.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-NVME.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-DMAC.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-MCHC.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-MEM2.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-PMCR.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-I2C.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-TYPC.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-YTBT.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-LPC.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-SMCD.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-BATT.aml</string>
        </array>

are these needed as boot arguments?:
acpi_layer=0x08 acpi_level=0x02 msgbuf=512000

also:
-disablegfxfirmware
shouldn't be needed anymore with latest whatevergreen.kext

So, first of all, thanks again. I've tried as you suggested me: i've removed OsxAptioFix3Drv, I removed SortedOrder, i removed all the unnecessary boot arguments.
The system still boots Ok, but the inconveniences are still there.

WiFi still takes a lot of time to initiate (and I've noticed that other app that relies on the menubar, like iStat menus, won't open until the wifi become usable).
HDMI via typeC dongle now immediately reboots the laptop. I've attached the KP log macOS gave me at the next startup

Attachments

• debug_28526 2.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 75
So, first of all, thanks again. I've tried as you suggested me: i've removed OsxAptioFix3Drv, I removed SortedOrder, i removed all the unnecessary boot arguments.
The system still boots Ok, but the inconveniences are still there.

WiFi still takes a lot of time to initiate (and I've noticed that other app that relies on the menubar, like iStat menus, won't open until the wifi become usable).
HDMI via typeC dongle now immediately reboots the laptop. I've attached the KP log macOS gave me at the next startup
try only having these enabled:
Code:
<key>FixTMR</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <true/>

I tired, nothing changed unfortunately. I've also tried following Rehabman guide to patch HDMI audio, as Laptop FAQ suggests that can cause a reboot issue connecting HDMI. I think I've followed the steps correctly, but nothing changed. The laptop still reboots as soon as I connect the HDMI through the USB C adapter.

Attachments

• debug_4587.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 59
I tired, nothing changed unfortunately. I've also tried following Rehabman guide to patch HDMI audio, as Laptop FAQ suggests that can cause a reboot issue connecting HDMI. I think I've followed the steps correctly, but nothing changed. The laptop still reboots as soon as I connect the HDMI through the USB C adapter.
remove from /L/E:
Code:
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb8c45acb20 [0x7fff8714d8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HDMI-Audio" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb8c4412750 [0x7fff8714d8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BroadcomWiFiInjector.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.BroadcomWiFi" }
Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb8c6c1e310 [0x7fff8714d8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/FakePCIID.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }
Kext with invalid signature (-2147409652) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb8c6c1ef30 [0x7fff8714d8c0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/hp_io_enabler_compound.kext/", ID = "com.hp.kext.io.enabler.compound" }

maybe try:
FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
FakePCIID.kext
in clover/kexts/other

should be removed from your config.plist:
Code:
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0</string>

you may need to check over:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back