Graphics
GTX 660ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all, this is my first post to the forums and I hope it may be of use to some. I have very recently built my first hackintosh following guides and support from tonymacx86, to who i would like that thank! After building my hackintosh with near complete success it became clear that the single issue I was facing was that I was experiencing problems with waking from sleep whereby my mouse and keyboard would not function / extremely jittery / mac would not enter sleep, full stop.

After reading that setting your RAM to XMP profile 1 in BIOS could be a culprit I quickly tested it, to find that when XMP profile was disabled, sleep and wake functioned perfectly. In a similar fashing to XMP profile 1, playing with the turbo core multipliers also appeared to disable sleep/wake function.

There are a fair few posts out there that ask for a solution to having XMP profile 1 enabled (thereby getting your full 1600mhz ram vs the 1333mhz that bios applies) and maintaining good sleep/ wake function. Well I have managed to achieve this on my rig by disabling PLL Overvoltage in BIOS. I now have XMP1 enabled and have the liberty to overclock, without losing sleep/wake function.

I hope this is of help to someone! I am new to this all so am on a steep learning curve - so feedback if what I have written is utter tripe! Thanks

My Rig :

i5 3570k @ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb 1600Mhz, Sandisc SSD 240GB, GeForce GTX 660ti.

This works a treat, thanks man.
When coming out of sleep the mouse would freeze intermittently and take about 30 secs to settle down.
I have set darkwake=10 and auto-sleep works perfectly.

do not recommend. mouse jitters if enabled XMP.

I suspect this is due to Multicore enhancement by Gigabyte once XMP is enabled.

Hello all, this is my first post to the forums and I hope it may be of use to some.

Well I have managed to achieve this on my rig by disabling PLL Overvoltage in BIOS. I now have XMP1 enabled and have the liberty to overclock, without losing sleep/wake function.
Thanks for the post, I have a GA-Z68MX motherboard with UEFI bios, but cannot find this setting. Where is the "PLL Overvoltage" setting in Gigabyte UEFI bios?

EDIT: I found it in the CPU Advanced Settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back