Mac Pro 3,1
CPU
3.4Ghz
Graphics
GTX 660ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello all, this is my first post to the forums and I hope it may be of use to some. I have very recently built my first hackintosh following guides and support from tonymacx86, to who i would like that thank! After building my hackintosh with near complete success it became clear that the single issue I was facing was that I was experiencing problems with waking from sleep whereby my mouse and keyboard would not function / extremely jittery / mac would not enter sleep, full stop.

After reading that setting your RAM to XMP profile 1 in BIOS could be a culprit I quickly tested it, to find that when XMP profile was disabled, sleep and wake functioned perfectly. In a similar fashing to XMP profile 1, playing with the turbo core multipliers also appeared to disable sleep/wake function.

There are a fair few posts out there that ask for a solution to having XMP profile 1 enabled (thereby getting your full 1600mhz ram vs the 1333mhz that bios applies) and maintaining good sleep/ wake function. Well I have managed to achieve this on my rig by disabling PLL Overvoltage in BIOS. I now have XMP1 enabled and have the liberty to overclock, without losing sleep/wake function.

I hope this is of help to someone! I am new to this all so am on a steep learning curve - so feedback if what I have written is utter tripe! Thanks

My Rig :

i5 3570k @ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb 1600Mhz, Sandisc SSD 240GB, GeForce GTX 660ti.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Asus GTX-1060
Mac
  1. iMac
This works a treat, thanks man.
When coming out of sleep the mouse would freeze intermittently and take about 30 secs to settle down.
I have set darkwake=10 and auto-sleep works perfectly.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 670 2G
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
do not recommend. mouse jitters if enabled XMP.

I suspect this is due to Multicore enhancement by Gigabyte once XMP is enabled.

Motherboard
DQ77KB
CPU
i7-3770S
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all, this is my first post to the forums and I hope it may be of use to some.

Well I have managed to achieve this on my rig by disabling PLL Overvoltage in BIOS. I now have XMP1 enabled and have the liberty to overclock, without losing sleep/wake function.
Thanks for the post, I have a GA-Z68MX motherboard with UEFI bios, but cannot find this setting. Where is the "PLL Overvoltage" setting in Gigabyte UEFI bios?

EDIT: I found it in the CPU Advanced Settings.

Motherboard
MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Does anyone get similar mouse lock up after they turn off and back on their monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.