Graphics
Asus GTX 970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
finzel said:
ha! that actually worked...

- right click on the installer and select "Show package contents"
- go to contents / shared support and then mount the file...!

interesting though is i tried the xMove method and it worked the first time, and now i have to do it that way. i'm stuck currently stuck at DSMOS has arrived. lol
soooooooo close!

You are just right-clicking on the "xMove" file? I don't get an option for "show package contents"...

How big is the xMove file unzipped? Mine is 61kb...

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
sorry, i meant the actual Lion installer application

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Don't right click on the xMove.app file, right click on the Install Mac OS X Lion.app file and choose show contents. Mount the InstallESD.dmg that is in contents/ShareSupport and then run xMove.

Motherboard
?
CPU
i5-2500k
Graphics
Asus GTX 970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
metafour said:
Don't right click on the xMove.app file, right click on the Install Mac OS X Lion.app file and choose show contents. Mount the InstallESD.dmg that is in contents/ShareSupport and then run xMove.

Omg! Thank you! That did it...

Motherboard
Windows 7
CPU
Intel DUO CORE 3.53
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 9800m GT
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi
My xMove fails when I am on Leopard 10.6.8 and trying to instal it on my Installer drive!!!!

There you go the log:
Code:
Aug 13 09:28:13 ashkan-pc installd[1094]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Aug 13 09:28:16 ashkan-pc installd[1094]: PackageKit: Install Failed: PKG: pre-install scripts for "com.tonymacx86.xmove.multi.pkg"\nError Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 UserInfo=0x10012ef70 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “xMove”." {\n    NSFilePath = "./preinstall";\n    NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cxMove\U201d.";\n    NSURL = "#multi.pkg -- file://localhost/Users/doni_graphic/Downloads/xMove.pkg";\n    PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.tonymacx86.xmove.multi.pkg";\n}
Aug 13 09:28:16 ashkan-pc Installer[1073]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Aug 13 09:28:17 ashkan-pc Installer[1073]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Aug 13 09:28:17 ashkan-pc Installer[1073]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus ELITE AC
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5600XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
pdawg1717 said:
metafour said:

Omg! Thank you! That did it...

My Lion ESD doesn't have a Shared Support folder. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.