Intel HD4000 + nVidia GTX660M 2GB + Optimus
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!
I bought a new great Laptop and want to install OSX (I don't care with version) on my Laptop. The specifications are on my Profile. If it's possible to install OSX on that mashine please tell me how to install. Thank You!

Hi! I was able to extract a DSDT without Errors,Warnings and Remarks ! But I didn't created any Patches on my DSDT cuz I don't know what I realy need.

Attachments

• DSDT-Alaska-XMLA522.zip
    35.9 KB · Views: 105
Can't somebody help?! PLEASE!!

Hi!
So I made myself through the mess and found what hopefully will and won't work.
1. Don't know if my CPU SpeedStep and TurboBoost will work. If someone knows how to get them to work please tell me.
2. My WiFi is not supported. No Problem I have a second slot so I can build in a supported one. I have free access to Atheros AR5B97. Tell me if this is supported. If not please tell a good cheap WiFi Card
3. My Intel HD4000 should natevly work. Don't know if QE/CE Acceleration is working.
4. People are reporting that my GTX 660M works and not works, so I'm now realy confuesed about that.
5. My soundcard ALC269 should also work.
6. No luck with my trackpad. Haven't found something about it out.
7. I think I have an UEFI Bios so I can switch to the GTX 660M if I get this working.

For my Trackpad I finnally found this:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/74051-elantech-touchpad-driver-mac-osx.html

OK seems to work most parts of my system. Just simple Question:
1. Does the SpeedStep and TurboBoost work?
2. Does my GTX 660M work and can I simply use only the GTX 660M without switching the GraphicsCard?
3. Can you please just answer these simple questions??

I learned now to get OSX working. It's not cheap! I'll need to buy a Snow Leopard Retail installation Disc, Update to 10.6.6, buy from the Mac App Store the Mountain Lion installation App, plugin a 8GB USB and install Unibeast. Finally I maybee can boot from the unibeast usb and install Mountain Lion.

For this I still have some questions:
1. When installing Snow Leopard I will not use my first HDD. I'll get a second and install on the second HDD Snow Leopard. Is it still OK?
2. After booting up Snow Leopard I guess I'll just need to install a working Kext for the Network adapter to get to the internet for Mountain Lion. Can somebody give me a WORKING kext for Snow Leopard for a Atheros AR5B97 ?
3. For the DSDT do I need a DualLink Patch ?

So far I replaced now my Intel n6235 Advanced with a Atheros AR5B97. I found several kexts for compatibility. I hope I'll get that to work.

PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS ABOVE!! PLEASE!!

Can somebody close this topic? It became quite useless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back