Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7 8550u
Graphics
Intel UHD 620, MX 150 (Disabled)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi everyone!

I am able to install and boot HS 10.13.2 on my Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro without issues using an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678). However, if I try to spoof the gpu (UHD 620) with any of the methods in the guides on the forum (such as this one), I get a verbose reboot (attempting system restart, similar to the error in this post, it happens so fast that I can't even capture it using the phone slow motion).

The notebook is configured with 16gb of ram and a 8550u. The second GPU (MX150) is disabled via SSDT (see attached folder).

I tried changing the SMBIOS from the default MacBookAir6,2 to MacBookPro14,1 but that also does not help. Everything I try yields the same result.

Anyone has ideas? You find my clover folder attached (no screens because of what is written above). The folder has Skylake spoofing, but Kaby Lake spoofing does not change much.

Attachments

• DEBUG.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 109
Hi everyone!

I am able to install and boot HS 10.13.2 on my Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro without issues using an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678). However, if I try to spoof the gpu (UHD 620) with any of the methods in the guides on the forum (such as this one), I get a verbose reboot (attempting system restart, similar to the error in this post, it happens so fast that I can't even capture it using the phone slow motion).

The notebook is configured with 16gb of ram and a 8550u. The second GPU (MX150) is disabled via SSDT (see attached folder).

I tried changing the SMBIOS from the default MacBookAir6,2 to MacBookPro14,1 but that also does not help. Everything I try yields the same result.

Anyone has ideas? You find my clover folder attached (no screens because of what is written above). The folder has Skylake spoofing, but Kaby Lake spoofing does not change much.

Read carefully the instructions for activating the 32mb DVMT-prealloc patch:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Solved using the guide you linked (spoofing Skylake)! Thanks :)

I know the Intel card will never work, I was wondering about plugging a card in the m2 empty slot or in the other slot next to the NVME drive.

PS: do you have a good USB dongle to recommend on 10.13.2?
stock wifi card is soldered on the motherboard and thus not replacable, as ri using m.2 slot, from what i understand the socket for hard drive and wifi card are different.

I have posted an initial guide for this laptop at the following link. I am looking forward to some feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back