Contribute
Register

Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi firstcreative,

I'd be interested in your battery life with screen on...

If it is at least on par with the result of Win 10 (up to 9/10 hours) or even Linux (8 hours approximately), I may give it a try...

Regards.

Hi again, this is kind of an emergency. i received my mi air 13.3 last week and was in the process of trying to install osx when the fan stopped working (with a delightful chirping noise). Now its constantly running at the lowest cpu setting(around 400Mhz) and as you might guess painfully slow). First thing i did when i got it i wiped the drive and installed an english windows 10. this might prove to be a problem now that i"m trying to return it under warrenty. Could anyone of you supply me with a hard disk image of the chinese windows it came with?

Hi,

Maybe you should try to reinstall the drivers that run the device ?
If you look around, you'll find a package of all drivers.
If you don't find it, I'll put it on my NAS and will give you access to it.

I don't have those kind of problems with Windows 10 Pro French official version.

Regards.

hi, thx for the quick reply. the problem is consistent under windows 10 and linux (ubuntu) also the fan makes a little chirping noise every time i boot up so i'm pretty sure this is a hardware defect :(

Hmm, noone? i'd settle for an image of the recovery partition the notebooks come with...

hi, thx for the quick reply. the problem is consistent under windows 10 and linux (ubuntu) also the fan makes a little chirping noise every time i boot up so i'm pretty sure this is a hardware defect :(

Hmm, noone? i'd settle for an image of the recovery partition the notebooks come with...
Have you working power management on your machine? Is AppleLPC is loaded?

I never finished installing osx so this is all happening on windows 10 and ubuntu. the fan simply gave out, i'm in contact with gearbest where i got it to handle this under warrenty.

I never finished installing osx so this is all happening on windows 10 and ubuntu. the fan simply gave out, i'm in contact with gearbest where i got it to handle this under warrenty.
Have you updated your BIOS or installed drivers in the last time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back