Contribute
Register

Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have more experience with soldering than hackintoshes :) If you could take close pictures of the wifi card I could see if it is doable.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

I have more experience with soldering than hackintoshes :) If you could take close pictures of the wifi card I could see if it is doable.

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Cool! here is the best picture I could find:
WLAN.png

Yes, I saw the same picture but I can't see the solder pads on it. Maybe they are at the bottom of the card.

Maybe we could let the original wifi card on place, cut the solder traces and wire the new one and stuck it somewhere in the laptop case.

The only thing is that I'm not sure it would even work. My guess is it will since the physical port is here, only lacking of a port connector.

Regards

Yes, I saw the same picture but I can't see the solder pads on it. Maybe they are at the bottom of the card.

Maybe we could let the original wifi card on place, cut the solder traces and wire the new one and stuck it somewhere in the laptop case.

The only thing is that I'm not sure it would even work. My guess is it will since the physical port is here, only lacking of a port connector.

Regards
Laptop arrived. No solder pads visible, like this on each side... and I'm guessing my key M to key A adapter wont fit... will pick it up later today

Attachments

• IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 434
Installed the M key to A key adapter in the first SSD slot, installed the BCM94352Z in there. Installing Windows 10 now to see if it gets recognised.

Installed the M key to A key adapter in the first SSD slot, installed the BCM94352Z in there. Installing Windows 10 now to see if it gets recognised.
Thanks so much dodvip123! Keep us updated with the progress. If it detects the card, I'm gonna get the laptop right away. Cheers!

I'm sorry to disappoint, it does not work... i think its because it acts as a combo card and if it is not recognised as a combo card it wont work. I tried installing the Dell 1560 Windows driver and it told me to enable the hardware Bluetooth switch. But Bluetooth wont work with the m key to a key adapter, only WiFi in theory. If someone else has any ideas, solutions...

I'm sorry to disappoint, it does not work... i think its because it acts as a combo card and if it is not recognised as a combo card it wont work. I tried installing the Dell 1560 Windows driver and it told me to enable the hardware Bluetooth switch. But Bluetooth wont work with the m key to a key adapter, only WiFi in theory. If someone else has any ideas, solutions...

Would it be possible to buy a card that is wifi only? Cause we can always use a BT 4.0 dongle right?

Would it be possible to buy a card that is wifi only? Cause we can always use a BT 4.0 dongle right?
Hmm i don't know... I think the adapter workaround is maybe not supported

Hi,

Wouldn't a Wi-Fi and/or BT dongle be a much simpler option ?
Provided, of course, we can find a working dongle for macOs Sierra...
And of course one that isn't too big and ugly :)

Me : I don't use BT. So a Wi-Fi dongle would do.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back