Register

Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
how to install bluetooth?
Mi AIR 13

Hi guys,

In 2 days from now, I'll get my Xiaomi NoteBook 13,3".

I've read the whole 14 pages, but it seems there are 2 problems if I want to install macOs Sierra on this Notebook.

First problem is Wi-Fi. But it seems that people do report that the 13,3" has an empty slot to add a Wi-Fi card that would work.
I would have two questions about this :
- Is this a dedicated slot or is it the second NVMe slot ?
- If this is a dedicated slot, what card is recommended to fit in that will work for sure ?

Second problem : the trackpad. One simple question : from what I have read, it is unclear to me if that problem is on both the 13,3" version or if it only concerns the 12,5" version.

Also, one thing is really important to me : is the HDMI output working as it should ? Someone reported that it might not work, but is anyone able to confirm ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Regards.

Hi,

i just finished reading this thread and everything else i could find on the hardware of the 13.3 model (I'm expecting mine in a couple of weeks).

From what i gathered there is an additional port in this model but it is key b and meant for a wwan card (read 3g/lte modem)
Recently, this port appears to come unsoldered since xiaomi did a hardware revision for the lte model (which also features a i7 cpu but is unavaillabe outside of china, mostly because the 3g/4g hardware is linked to a chinese telecommunications provider)

I'd be in the marked to solder the port back on if there was anything worth the effort to connect to it, but it appears there are no wifi cards in this format and the few ssds that came for key b are not recognised by the bios, as for 3g/4g cards, no one reported to have successfully installed one yet.

as for the 2 nvme ports, putting a wifi card in one of those might work, but i've yet to see a confirmed report of someone succeeding in this. Also, i'd rather use the port for more storage and go with a wifi stick.

Trackpad Reports differ widely, for some it seems alright for 1-3 finger gestures, others report problems like runaway cursors and dead trackpad after hibernation. I'd also like an update on the state of things concearing this. If i remember right this is used for the mi's trackpad:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wip-voodooi2c-i2c-trackpad-limited-support.204227/

is anyone here also running linux on the mi 13? i'd love to see the lspci output to get a firmer grasp on the hardware used.

ok found it :)

# lspci -v
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Skylake Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 08)
Subsystem: Device 1d72:1602
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=10 <?>

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 520 (rev 07) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Kernel driver in use: i915
Kernel modules: i915

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP USB 3.0 xHCI Controller (rev 21) (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
Kernel modules: xhci_pci

00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP CSME HECI #1 (rev 21)
Kernel driver in use: mei_me
Kernel modules: mei_me

00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 21) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
Kernel driver in use: ahci
Kernel modules: ahci

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 9d10 (rev f1) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Kernel driver in use: pcieport
Kernel modules: shpchp

00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP PCI Express Root Port #5 (rev f1) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])

00:1d.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP PCI Express Root Port #9 (rev f1) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP LPC Controller (rev 21)

00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP PMC (rev 21)
Kernel driver in use: intel_pmc_core

00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio (rev 21)

Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel, snd_soc_skl

00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP SMBus (rev 21)
Kernel driver in use: i801_smbus
Kernel modules: i2c_i801

01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 134b (rev a2)
Kernel driver in use: nouveau
Kernel modules: nouveau

02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 8260 (rev 3a)
Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 9010
Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi
Kernel modules: iwlwifi

03:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd NVMe SSD Controller (rev 01) (prog-if 02 [NVM Express])
Subsystem: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Device a801
Kernel driver in use: nvme
Kernel modules: nvme

Last edited:
Hi,
as for the 2 nvme ports, putting a wifi card in one of those might work, but i've yet to see a confirmed report of someone succeeding in this. Also, i'd rather use the port for more storage and go with a wifi stick.

Hi,

It should be noted that there aren't 2 NVMe ports, but only one.
The other one is a M.2 SATA port.

Maybe this has also changed with the revision you're mentioning as mine has the M.2 WWLAN port unsoldered and has a NVMe with the stock SSD and another port label MSATA.2.

If so, the mk1 version will sell for more than the Rev2 version...

Regards.

Hi guys,

In 2 days from now, I'll get my Xiaomi NoteBook 13,3".

I've read the whole 14 pages, but it seems there are 2 problems if I want to install macOs Sierra on this Notebook.

First problem is Wi-Fi. But it seems that people do report that the 13,3" has an empty slot to add a Wi-Fi card that would work.
I would have two questions about this :
- Is this a dedicated slot or is it the second NVMe slot ?
- If this is a dedicated slot, what card is recommended to fit in that will work for sure ?

Second problem : the trackpad. One simple question : from what I have read, it is unclear to me if that problem is on both the 13,3" version or if it only concerns the 12,5" version.

Also, one thing is really important to me : is the HDMI output working as it should ? Someone reported that it might not work, but is anyone able to confirm ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Regards.
It is a WWAN slot. I'm wondering if a NGFF WLAN card like the BCM94352Z could work in this slot or in the second M2 SSD slot...

It might, the wwan slot is b key, if the card is b/m key it would fit i think, and might work, theoretically. at 50 bucks its an expensive gamble, although you can always return the card, if it doesn't fit...
anyone care to try?

Hi,

I'd surely would try it out...
But it seems I have a Rev. B NoteBook, so no additional WWLAN slot available.
I get the WWLAN written... but the slot is missing. Unsoldered :(

Too bad.

Regards.

The 13inch model has a dedicated m.2 slot for WiFi module.
On the 12inch one there is an m.2 slot ,but it's unconfirmed if it works with WiFi cards ,tho it does support nvme drives, the problem with this one is if it did support an m.2 WiFi module the existing antenna cables would be too short and would need to be replaced or extended if possible.
Are you sure it supports NGFF WLAN cards such as the BCM94352Z? Please take a look:

Could it be possible to install a BCM94352Z into the primary M2 SSD slot? I think the antennas might reach that area...
Also, if I understand correctly, it is not possible to install a BCM94352Z at a WWAN slot, correct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back