Contribute
Register

Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just have to set a supervisor password and then you can enable/disable secureboot in uefi.
If you want to disable the password later, just go to change password and set a blank password

Wow thanks, didn't know that. I'll try it later and report results.

Aaaaaand, it booted to the installer. Didn't try an install yet though.

EDIT: install worked flawlessly, it boots fine too.

What works:
-Boot (obviously, no need for verbose)
-Intel HD graphics
-Graphical glitches (fixed by going in system parameters > screen, and switching color profile to sRGB IEC61966-2.1)
-Keyboard
-Trackpad (multitouch works too, but right side of the keyboard acts as right click, need to find a way to disable this)
-USB ports
-Audio (fixed with VoodooHDA.kext) (volume keys work too)
-NVMe internal SSD (fixed with patch-nvme)
-Battery/battery status (fixed with ACPIBatteryManager.kext) (still looks to have bad battery life even with Nvidia GPU deactivated)
-Nvidia GPU (successfully disabled with ssdt/dsdt edition) (can't make it work as it is Optimus)
-Backlight (ssdt edit + IntelBacklight.kext) (still need to edit keyboard layout so that brightness keys will work)

What doesn't work/untested:
-Wifi (need to install another wifi card)
-Bluetooth (same as wifi)
-Webcam (untested)
-Shutdown (it shuts the screen down but computer is still on)
-USB to Ethernet adapter (untested, I don't have an adapter)
-HDMI out (untested - probably fixed with VoodooHDA.kext too, will test later)

Attachments

• H5gvqPW.jpg
    H5gvqPW.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,462
  • IMG_2016-11-06 18:26:22.jpg
    IMG_2016-11-06 18:26:22.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 2,284
Last edited:
@Hapower640
Hello
How did you manage to have an azerty keyboard? There are only qwerty on sale!
I have the same laptop as you. I wish to change the keyboard to azerty. Can you tell my how you did this? Did you extract the keys an then rearrange them? If yes, how did you do the "extraction"?

@Hapower640
Hello
How did you manage to have an azerty keyboard? There are only qwerty on sale!
I have the same laptop as you. I wish to change the keyboard to azerty. Can you tell my how you did this? Did you extract the keys an then rearrange them? If yes, how did you do the "extraction"?

Yes, extracted and rearranged them.

Extraction is easy, just use your nails on the upper part of the keys.

Also black keys you see on the pics are stickers, because symbols and punctuation are not arranged the same way on qwerty and azerty, so I just had to do that. Would be better if third-party vendors would make spare keys for that model that could suit different layouts, but I just do it like that for now and it works fine. I use a Mac layout because I'm used to it too, and makes it easier because some keys (the -_ and += mainly) are also the same on the Xiaomi keyboard, just had to extract them and put them on the right place.

When you say HDMI out not tested / not working , and state VoodooHDA, it is for audio, did you test hdmi display out? does it work?

hi Hapower640
please upload your efi folder

hi Hapower640
please upload your efi folder

Don't worry, I plan on uploading it later and make a full tutorial about this. I won't upload it until most things are fixed though.

Also looking for help for a few things:
-Need help activating battery status in ssdt files instead of using ACPIBatteryManager.kext
-Need someone to confirm I used proper method to deactivate Nvidia GPU (does Nvidia not showing in about this Mac > System profiler implies it is properly turned off?)
-Need someone to help me fix shutdown bug and implement power management (even with Nvidia disabled and not showing in system profiler, I still get about 3 hours of battery life, don't know why)

When all this is fixed, I'll upload everything that is needed. Don't want to release something that is too buggy.

Awesome I just ordered one of these for a travel companion computer, if I can get it onto OSX I will be pretty happy

Don't worry, I plan on uploading it later and make a full tutorial about this. I won't upload it until most things are fixed though.

Also looking for help for a few things:
-Need help activating battery status in ssdt files instead of using ACPIBatteryManager.kext
-Need someone to confirm I used proper method to deactivate Nvidia GPU (does Nvidia not showing in about this Mac > System profiler implies it is properly turned off?)
-Need someone to help me fix shutdown bug and implement power management (even with Nvidia disabled and not showing in system profiler, I still get about 3 hours of battery life, don't know why)

When all this is fixed, I'll upload everything that is needed. Don't want to release something that is too buggy.
Any progress? I am extremely interested in hearing if this can work out. I will buy this laptop if it can be hackintoshed effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back