Contribute
Register

Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, I was looking to this one to upgrade my macbook air, any news about the hacking? I believe that the wifi problem can be solved with a mini-pcie module supported, but the I2C trackpad it's still buggy? sorry but I can't understand chinese so the links aren't helpful :)
thanks.

Any updates for xiaomi notebook air for hackintosh..I m eagerly waiting for get it done..

I think we can call it 90% compatible, the WiFi can be replaced with the m.2 slot, leaving only Bluetooth and track-pad to worry about.
the guy from the Chinese post said he is going to order a new M.2 converter board which may use the Bluetooth as well(the old board doesn't have USB connector as the BCM943602CS uses USB bus for Bluetooth).

Could BCM94352Z be used as a WIFI and Bluetooth m.2 card? I've seen a few successful builds with this card. Hopefully this could fix the Bluetooth and wifi in one and just leaves the track pad issue.

Unfortunately wan card soldered to motherboard -> can't be replaced

Mi-Notebook-12.5-6.jpg

Yes, but from the images looks like there's another m.2 slot not too far from the soldered wifi card, which could be used by the wifi/bluetooth card; can you confirm? What about the trackpad issue? any news?

If you're talking about the 12.5inch one, then on that there is an m.2 slot which does work with nvme drives so i think it's a PCIe 4x slot and could support an m.2 WiFi card. There would be a problem with antennas since the cables would be too short so either they would need to be replaced or some kind of antenna cable extenders would need to be used.

If you're talking about the 12.5inch one, then on that there is an m.2 slot which does work with nvme drives so i think it's a PCIe 4x slot and could support an m.2 WiFi card. There would be a problem with antennas since the cables would be too short so either they would need to be replaced or some kind of antenna cable extenders would need to be used.
No, I was talking about the 13.3" version, and I believe that it has a m.2 slot right behind the wifi module soldered on the motherboard (link to the teardown). Do you have any news on it?

No, I was talking about the 13.3" version, and I believe that it has a m.2 slot right behind the wifi module soldered on the motherboard (link to the teardown). Do you have any news on it?
The 13" model has a slot dedicated for a wireless card (it has wireless card written beside it). The slot is located above m.2 ssd.
Someone tried to put a small ssd in it ,but bios didn't detect it tho I it should work for WiFi modules since that's what it's meant to be used for.

The 13" model has a slot dedicated for a wireless card (it has wireless card written beside it). The slot is located above m.2 ssd.
Someone tried to put a small ssd in it ,but bios didn't detect it tho I it should work for WiFi modules since that's what it's meant to be used for.
Yep, that's precisely what I was thinking, thanks for confirming :D
Now the only issue it's still the trackpad, which is i2c, and need VoodooI2C and can't enable multitouch, as written before? Anyone have news about it, sorry but as I said I can't read chinese XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back