1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Lisa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone,

I've been using for two weeks now my first Hackintosh machine, which is a Xiaomi Notebook pro (1st gen i7 with 16gb ram).
The only thing I can say is that it's a wonderful machine, that delivers a very similar experience to a MacBook Pro from the feeling of it.

So far almost everything works properly, I know about the Nvidia card and I know about the wifi.

My internal Bluetooth works fine, sometimes I need to delete a .plist file and reboot but it happened twice in 2 weeks of heavy use, I'm not concerned at all.
The wifi issue has been solved with a dongle.

The trackpad works perfectly, even 4/5 fingers gestures are perfect, honestly, I couldn't ask for more. I haven't tried the HDMI out.
The speakers are working fine, even if when booted with windows 10 the audio quality is way richer, probably due to Dolby Atmos drivers?
Using 3d boost I get closer to that though.

There are few issues of course, mostly minor stuff, like airdrop or SideCar wireless (it works if plugged in with a cable).
I don't know why but both apple maps and google maps are unable to detect my position, even if they work once I set an address.
Using Safari, it's impossible for me to play something on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, I must use Google Chrome to watch anything unless it's YouTube.

I use clover 5118 (didn't update to the 5119 because I don't know how to do it, sorry:rolleyes:), and I've done the catalina supplementary update, directly from system preferences without any issue.

I was wondering if you know what other Xiaomi notebooks are compatible up to this level to Mac OS, considering that my girlfriend would like to change pc, she would like to try mac Os without spending more that 600/700 euros. I was thinking about the Redmibook 14" or 16", do you have any model to suggest?

Cheers and have a lovely Sunday

I'd like to use Xiaomi brand laptop for hackmac too. Redmibook is very cost effective. However, it use AMD CPU for new new 14 and 16 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back