Contribute
Register

XHC USB Kext Creation Guideline

Status
Not open for further replies.
If SSP3 and SSP4 are really associated to USB 3.1 Gen 2 Connectors, does this not also imply some yet likely still undiscovered association of these connectors with respective HS ports? Did you check on the latter?
I didn't get my Gen2 Stick this evening, going to buy one tomorrow. So I didn't tested this

Tested:
USB 2 Stick => HS03
USB 3 Stick => SSP3

I didn't get my Gen2 Stick this evening, going to buy one tomorrow. So I didn't tested this

Tested:
USB 2 Stick => HS03
USB 3 Stick => SSP3

And I guess HS04/SSP4, right? Which implies backwards compatibility with USB3.0 and USB2.0 for both USB3.1 connectors.

And I guess HS04/SSP4, right? Which implies backwards compatibility with USB3.0 and USB2.0 for both USB3.1 connectors.

Yes, but HS/SS04 and HS/SS03 are the same type

Yes, but HS/SS04 and HS/SS03 are the same type

? I understood that you have 2 USB3.1 connectors, HS03/SSP3 is assigned to the one and HS04/SSP4 to the other. Yet you have to see what happens when you connect a USB3.1 device to each of the two ports. Correct?

? I understood that you have 2 USB3.1 connectors, HS03/SSP3 is assigned to the one and HS04/SSP4 to the other. Yet you have to see what happens when you connect a USB3.1 device to each of the two ports. Correct?
Correct. According to the manual of the board, both of them should be Gen2

Hello, thanks for your guide, I have an Asus X99 Deluxe/U3.1 and I would be glad to share a working usb kext for it. I noticed that it’s IOPCIPrimaryMatch-ID is 0x8d318086 and it’s the same as your X99 A. I’ve followed all the guide but I’ve a problem with the HS port discovery in 5.B. When I plug an usb device in every port nothing show up in IOReg and only the front USB 2.0 connector is working without an injector and even if I plug something there it isn’t showing in IOReg. I’ve used the kext AppleUSBXHCIPLTH and if I try to use the kext that I made with this guide all the ports are working but they all have the USB connector property set to 0. Another question, Would I be able to use the pcie usb 3.1 expansion card that came with my motherboard with this kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back