Contribute
Register

XHC USB Kext Creation Guideline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I try to follow this guide... but I'm stuck
Despite the USB patch port limit (10.13.6), I still only have HS01➧ HS14 & SSP1 & SSP2 !
Is there another way to extends port limits ?
I don't understand Error?.png what's yellow outlined in this screen capture.
Shouldn't it be AppleUSBXHCILPTH iMacPro1,1 ?
I keep searching ....

Hello
I try to follow this guide... but I'm stuck
Despite the USB patch port limit (10.13.6), I still only have HS01➧ HS14 & SSP1 & SSP2 !
Is there another way to extends port limits ?
I don't understandView attachment 372868 what's yellow outlined in this screen capture.
Shouldn't it be AppleUSBXHCILPTH iMacPro1,1 ?
I keep searching ....

1.) If you are still under 10.13.6, just use the correct port limit patch for 10.13.6 or 10.13.6 SU to create the fully implemented kext for your mobo. Subsequently truncate to 15-port kext.

2.) Keep as implemented

Last edited:
Hello
Is here a way to make sure/see/verify that the Patch USB port military is applied ?
I'm investigating about USB on X99 Designare EX with MacOS 10.13.6.
USB X99 designare EX.png
I've realize that there is some Renesas USB 3.0 internal Hub that probably don't work.... I'll give try with GenricUSBXHCI.kext

Hello
Is there a way to see/verify that the patch USB port limit is applied ?
I'm working on gigabyte X99 Designare EX on macOS, with the patch USB port limit none USB 3 port works.USB X99 designare EX.png
I'm investigating, and I found that may be is the Renesas USB 3;0 Hub that isn't working.
Why it has stop working/loaded ?
Thanks

Hello
Is here a way to make sure/see/verify that the Patch USB port military is applied ?
I'm investigating about USB on X99 Designare EX with MacOS 10.13.6.
View attachment 373186
I've realize that there is some Renesas USB 3.0 internal Hub that probably don't work.... I'll give try with GenricUSBXHCI.kext

If the port limit patch works, you will find more than 15 HS and SS ports under XHCI in IOREG. If all USB ports/headers work and you have less/equal 15 HS ports implemented in IOREG, your mobo does not use more than 15 HS/SS ports and you do not need any port limit patch.

Logics, isn’t it?

Logics, isn’t it?
What you write is logic ...
So even if the Renesas HUB isn't working, I should have more than 14 HS and 2 SS ports under XHCI in IOREG.
Thanks again.

Hello
Here are my IOReg with and without the patch USBportlimit.
(It's the right patch for 10.13.6)

I see no difference .... I need help I'm clueless !!
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• X99Designare_with_patchUSBportlimit.ioreg
    6.4 MB · Views: 68
  • X99Designare_without_patchUSBportlimit.ioreg
    6.3 MB · Views: 61
What you write is logic ...
So even if the Renesas HUB isn't working, I should have more than 14 HS and 2 SS ports under XHCI in IOREG.
Thanks again.

I guess there is a general misunderstanding at your side. An external USB hub won‘t add additional HS ports in IOREG! It will appear under the HS-port of the respective onboard USB connector!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back