Contribute
Register

XHC USB Kext Creation Guideline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @kgp

I am cleaning some mess on my machine and with that I have finally worked on the XHC USB kext.
in case you like to extend your collection I have attached the full implementation for my ASRock X299m extreme4 mobo.

All the Best
Frank

@franksanderdo, could you please also provide your truncated 15-port kext in addition? Please see post #50, for the reason.

Thanks in advance, man!

@clixt, instead of having twice the same fully implemented kext in post #43, could you rather please once more attach and provide your originally truncated 15-port kext in addition? I finally decided to provide both fully implemented and truncated 15-port kexts in the Library and I am now unfortunately missing the latter.

Thanks in advance,

KGP

The fully implemented and truncated is in post #43 :D

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
The fully implemented and truncated is in post #43 but I will upload here it again :D

Looks like I should go to sleep soon .. my eyes already left me for today apparently.. :lol:

Thanks for clarification :thumbup:

Looks like I should go to sleep soon .. my eyes already left me for today apparently.. :lol:

Thanks for clarification :thumbup:

Seems like it haha :lol:

Reactions: kgp
Seems like it haha :lol:

Can you do me another favour though? ;)

Could you please revise both kexts (fully implemented and 15-port) and assign "255" instead of "0" to all internal USB2.0 HS ports and "255" instead of "3" also to all internal USB3.0 HS and SS ports. It would be also gorgeous if you could also add to the kexts a port-layout.rtf like I already did in case of the KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-PX299D-XHCI.kext and KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-PX299D-XHCI-15port.kexts.

Many thanks in advance, man

Could you please revise both kexts (fully implemented and 15-port) and assign "255" instead of "0" to all internal USB2.0 HS ports and "255" instead of "3" also to all internal USB3.0 HS and SS ports. It would be also gorgeous if you could also add to the kexts a port-layout.rtf like I already did in case of the KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-PX299D-XHCI.kext and KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-PX299D-XHCI-15port.kexts.

Note that internal headers connected directly to external ports should be marked appropriate for the connector itself (eg. 0 for USB2, 3 for USB3). Only internal headers connected to internal devices get 255.

It means that the correct values there depend on how the individual user decides to use the internal headers.

Note that internal headers connected directly to external ports should be marked appropriate for the connector itself (eg. 0 for USB2, 3 for USB3). Only internal headers connected to internal devices get 255.

It means that the correct values there depend on how the individual user decides to use the internal headers.

There seems to originate a general misunderstanding from the other thread, where @Rulebreaker01 insisted yesterday that following your instructions all HS and SS ports assigned to internal USB3.0 headers should be denoted by 255. Doing that, sleep/wake broke immediately on my rig.

Thus.. thanks for confirming that my former approach, assigning 3 to the HS and SS ports of all internal USB3.0 headers connected to external devices was indeed always correct.

BTW.. I would not know any internal USB3.0 device connected to an internal USB3.0 header. Although apparently SS ports can be denoted by 255, I would rather say that 255 should be exclusively attributed to HS ports of internal USB2.0 headers, connected to internal USB2.0 devices. Opinion?

Last edited:

@clixt,

Based on the recent feedback of @RehabMan, please leave all files as previously implement. Thought it would be nice if you could add a port-layout.rtf to both kexts though.

Thanks in a advance,

KGP

@clixt,

Based on the recent feedback of @RehabMan, please leave all files as previously implement. Thought it would be nice if you could add a port-layout.rtf to both kexts though.

Thanks in a advance,

KGP

I just updated my original post with updated kexts.

I just updated my original post with updated kexts.

Gorgeous.. thanks for adding the port-layout.rtf to both of your kexts!

Just reloading both kexts to the XHC USB Library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back