ASRock H270M-PRO4
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
Sapphire RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello everyone,

I understand that most if not all AMD RX 580 in this site have been identified as OOB. However, I am currently having difficulties getting it to work. Whenever I boot I go straight to black screen then the whole system restarts this is with all the setups I have tried.

My info is in my profile, but here is build nevertheless:
SSD 860 evo 250gb
MOBO-H270M-Pro4
CPU-Intel i7 7700k
RAM-8GB G.skill 2400mh
GPU-XFX RX 580 GTS 8gb (currently unplugged via pcie wire, I tried it on and off the mob doesn't make a difference)

I have tried multiple setups in my clover configurator, I do not recall what I have done so far.
I have no plans on buying a new GPU as of yet, so I really would like to get this one working.
My bios setup seems to be up to par with the rest, only thing I've done was try enabling/disabling IGPU.
I will attached my current EFI in this post. Please, if there is absolutely something that I missed I would love to know. This is my 1st build, so be gentle...or rough, I like it both ways.

Side note, I have yet to fiddle with other drivers and kexts, I have used multibeast upon initial step for post-installation.
I do have a back up USB incase something wrong comes up, well again.

Attachments

• JoshBarrigaEFI.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 191
Hello everyone,

I understand that most if not all AMD RX 580 in this site have been identified as OOB. However, I am currently having difficulties getting it to work. Whenever I boot I go straight to black screen then the whole system restarts this is with all the setups I have tried.

My info is in my profile, but here is build nevertheless:
SSD 860 evo 250gb
MOBO-H270M-Pro4
CPU-Intel i7 7700k
RAM-8GB G.skill 2400mh
GPU-XFX RX 580 GTS 8gb (currently unplugged via pcie wire, I tried it on and off the mob doesn't make a difference)

I have tried multiple setups in my clover configurator, I do not recall what I have done so far.
I have no plans on buying a new GPU as of yet, so I really would like to get this one working.
My bios setup seems to be up to par with the rest, only thing I've done was try enabling/disabling IGPU.
I will attached my current EFI in this post. Please, if there is absolutely something that I missed I would love to know. This is my 1st build, so be gentle...or rough, I like it both ways.

Side note, I have yet to fiddle with other drivers and kexts, I have used multibeast upon initial step for post-installation.
I do have a back up USB incase something wrong comes up, well again.

Attachment is corrupt.

Here it is, hopefully this one checks out. thanks gain for looking in to it.
Lots of folks have successfully setup i7-7700k + RX580 on Mojave on these forums.
You should really try search and learn from them.

Basically, try:
1. In BIOS, enable PCIe graphics and primary; IGPU as enabled; CSM disabled.
2. Your Lilu, Whatevergreen & AppleALC are out of date. Get the latest into your EFI folder E/C/K/Other.
3. Generate SMBIOS system definition for iMac18,3
4. In config.plist set Graphics->Inject->ATI=NO; Intel=YES; ig-platform-id=59120003; delete RadeonDeInit
5. In config.plist, since you are using AppleALC.kext, you can remove KextsToPatch 2, 3, & 4
6. Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Lots of folks have successfully setup i7-7700k + RX580 on Mojave on these forums.

Basically, try:
2. Your Lilu, Whatevergreen & AppleALC are out of date. Get the latest into your EFI folder E/C/K/Other.
4. In config.plist set Graphics->Inject->ATI=NO; Intel=YES; ig-platform-id=59120003; delete RadeonDeInit
5. In config.plist, since you are using AppleALC.kext, you can remove KextsToPatch 2, 3, & 4

I forgot to include that I have High Sierra OS. Regardless, I will try this tonight

Basically, try:
I got the GPU working, finally!! I had to downgrade the vBIOS to the 2017-04-10 date from https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...el=RX+580&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since= (it actually showed a different date when checking the BIOS information) To say the least it worked!

EFI is set to
Devices- Intel GFX=0x59128086
Graphics -Framebuff=Orinoco-IgPlatformID=0x59120003-Inject intel=Yes-RadeonDelnit=Yes
SMBIOS-18,3
BIOS setup- IGPU=Disabled-CSM=Disabled

I have also tried with my initial EFI.
The only difference were
Graphics- IgPlatformID=0x59120000-Inject Intel=No-Inject ATI=Yes
SMBIOS-14,2

I'm trying different benchmarks right now too. Recently I did Unigine Heaven at 1920x1080/medium and got a 2478 score. Not really sure if that's any good, I am quite new to the scenery (pun).
I will stay at this settings for the time being, I will fiddle with other settings to find the best preset for my build.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

I got the GPU working, finally!! I had to downgrade the vBIOS to the 2017-04-10 date from https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...el=RX+580&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since= (it actually showed a different date when checking the BIOS information) To say the least it worked!

EFI is set to
Devices- Intel GFX=0x59128086
Graphics -Framebuff=Orinoco-IgPlatformID=0x59120003-Inject intel=Yes-RadeonDelnit=Yes
SMBIOS-18,3
BIOS setup- IGPU=Disabled-CSM=Disabled

I have also tried with my initial EFI.
The only difference were
Graphics- IgPlatformID=0x59120000-Inject Intel=No-Inject ATI=Yes
SMBIOS-14,2

I'm trying different benchmarks right now too. Recently I did Unigine Heaven at 1920x1080/medium and got a 2478 score. Not really sure if that's any good, I am quite new to the scenery (pun).
I will stay at this settings for the time being, I will fiddle with other settings to find the best preset for my build.

Anyway, thanks for the help!
You're welcome. Happy hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back