Contribute
Register

XFX Rx 590 not working on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try it first without flashing Power Cooler ROM and see if it works. If not then follow the instruction from earlier post by 2strokeyardsale.

hi guys. i bought a xfx fatboy. Right now, I'm using windows 10, but I'd like to install Hackintosh Catalina, not Mojave. Is the graphics compatible? Or is it a mandatory flash of bios as written in this thread? thanks
After you find out, let me know here if it works, please :)
I'd feel more comfortable if I could flash back to original vBIOS on my Fatboys.
Best,
-a-

Hi @Gigamaxx

Is this XFX RX590 compatible with Hackintosh?
I want to use this without reflash vbios

Please some advice.

Unless djavo returns and clarifies, I don't recommend believing them. Using 10.15.3 I tried all 13 non-XFX images currently in the techpowerup database, as well as 7 "unverified" techpowerup images found via google. None of them work.

Hey guys,
anyone come up with the steps as of yet for the XFX RX 590 yet? I am getting my hand on one sometime next week and I would do the experiment so any feedback of post experience will help

Works like charm after installing Powercolor bios!

Works like charm after installing Powercolor bios!
How long has it been running with you after flashing the Bios? any issues or concerns? can you revert back to org bios if something goes wrong?

How long has it been running with you after flashing the Bios? any issues or concerns? can you revert back to org bios if something goes wrong?
Well, almosa a week now, no problems at all, and of course you can roll back to your old bios, just make sure to save it before flashing the new one :)

The cards are more-less the same (xfx, powercolor), the only thing is that xfx using some proprietary bios not compatible with mac...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back