Contribute
Register

XFX Rx 590 not working on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the screenshot you provided at the start of the thread, this is not GPU related. But there has been no evidence showing any specific manufacturer of any RX series GPU not working. It has all been misconfiguration of the user. Upload your entire EFI folder and if you have used MultiBeast to install 3rd party Kext move those into the EFI/Clover/Kexts/other folder before upload.

XFX RX 590 has a custom vbios. I tested one alongside the Powercolor model. Powercolor works it logged right in but XFX was a no go. Someone flashed their Fat Boy with Sapphire Niro bios and it worked.

Someone flashed their Fat Boy with Sapphire Niro bios and it worked.

Googled it and couldn't find it. could you send link by PM?
I found someone who flashed BIOS from Powercolor rx 590 and said it worked in mojave then.

What would you recommend?

BIOS _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Core/Mem/Boost
XFX_______rx 590 8GB Fatboy__________1580 / 2000
Powercolor_rx 590 8GB Red Devil________1576 / 2000
Sapphire___rx 590 8GB Nitro+ Special____1545 / 2000
Sapphire___rx 590 8GB Nitro+ Special (2)_1560 / 2100

Is it possible to revert to the original vBIOS by flashing again? For instance if there are future driver updates supporting the XFX rx 590 in mojave coming up...

Tx,
-a-

Googled it and couldn't find it. could you send link by PM?
I found someone who flashed BIOS from Powercolor rx 590 and said it worked in mojave then.

What would you recommend?

BIOS _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Core/Mem/Boost
XFX_______rx 590 8GB Fatboy__________1580 / 2000
Powercolor_rx 590 8GB Red Devil________1576 / 2000
Sapphire___rx 590 8GB Nitro+ Special____1545 / 2000
Sapphire___rx 590 8GB Nitro+ Special (2)_1560 / 2100

Is it possible to revert to the original vBIOS by flashing again? For instance if there are future driver updates supporting the XFX rx 590 in mojave coming up...

Tx,
-a-

Yes, you could flash it back later. I posted the Powercolor bios on the RX 590 thread. Go to Techpowerup.com site for the official bios and the tools.

Yes, you could flash it back later. I posted the Powercolor bios on the RX 590 thread. Go to Techpowerup.com site for the official bios and the tools.
I tried to flash the vBIOS of the XFX Fatboy with this one of Powercolor Red Devil using AtiFlash2.84 (on Win10x64 1809) but I ended up SubsystemIDs mismatch error message
It's a first for me... so I probably missed something obvious.
Any advice?

You can disable the subsystem I’d check with -p option

Last edited:
deleted

Last edited:
deleted

Last edited:
deleted

Last edited:
I'll just add to this thread my experience.

XFX Fatboy would cause my Mojave USB installer to fail. I used my Windows 10 boot to flash it to the PowerColor BIOS and Mojave installed and it works.

There are difficulties in flashing the BIOS. The first thing is there are actually two of them on the card, the Polaris 10 and Polaris 30, and you will want to flash the adapter number assigned to the 30. As mentioned, there is a subsystem ID mismatch and you have to force the flasher to ignore it with a command line option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back