Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hello, I read on this forum that you could flash the vBIOS of this card to match a compatible RX 580. I also read that you could use clover to do the equivalent. I just tried using the clover method using a sapphire vBios but I am now stuck with a black screen after booting. This is better than a kernel panic but not as good as a working system. would I be limited to trying the different sapphire vbios's or can I use different vendors vBIOS's? Finally, is there a better way to do this other than selling my card and buying a compatible 580 or do I really need to just do that? Also, the XFX card has a dual-bios for mining, can I just toggle the mining bios on and try flashing different bioses to that?

Edit: I have WhateverGreen and Lilu in my clover config. do I need RadeonDeInit too?

Also, I installed High Sierra with my integrated graphics.

Edit: Solved it by flashing a compatible vBIOS from a sapphire card.

Last edited:
Hi pdamon
how to do that?
Edit: Solved it by flashing a compatible vBIOS from a sapphire card. ??

Hi pdamon
how to do that?
Edit: Solved it by flashing a compatible vBIOS from a sapphire card. ??
Yes, I flashed the vBIOS of the card. it had the same memory speed clocks and vRAM (4gb) as my card. I flashed it and rebooted into windows to confirm that it worked. I had to re-install my drivers in windows but that doesn't need to happen if you don't use windows (or dual boot.) I tried booting back and it worked just fine. no extra setup needed!

Yes, I flashed the vBIOS of the card. it had the same memory speed clocks and vRAM (4gb) as my card. I flashed it and rebooted into windows to confirm that it worked. I had to re-install my drivers in windows but that doesn't need to happen if you don't use windows (or dual boot.) I tried booting back and it worked just fine. no extra setup needed!

thank you, Is it possible to flash vBios on Mac? I have no windows PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back