Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P8P67 Pro
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
R9 280X
I got one of the XFX Radeon VIIs on Black Friday and put this in to replace my fried 280x. However I only can get one DisplayPort to work. The others and the HDMl result in garbled screens.

Additionally, when I use the one working DisplayPort and plug in an additional HDMI, the screen starts flickering for the DisplayPort and the HDMI screen is just blank. I eventually will buy another monitor so I want to make sure dual monitors work in Catalina (using 10.15.2 currently).

Anyone able to do dual monitor on this? I may just return this for a 5700 XT instead.

It sounds like maybe you're running without Whatevergreen.

I have Whatevergreen + Lilu injected in my clover/kext/other

I tried a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 xt and I did get that working with a display port + hdmi. I may end up sticking with that but really wanted to get the Radeon VII working as it has better compatibility with Mojave (which has 32 bit app support).

If you get the screen flashing when you plug a 2nd monitor in, turn the monitors off and turn back on one by one. I had that happen once. It sounds like your problem may be more serious, though. Possibly due to the P67 chipset? I'm not sure.

Also, what about this from the WEG Radeon FAQ: "Several screens may not support 30-bit video output, but the GPU may not detect this. The result will look as distorted blinking colours. To resolve the issue either buy a more powerful display or add -rad24 boot argument."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back