EVGA gtx 980 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey everybody,

I just installed Lion 10.7.3 and some things seem to be going great but the only way i can get to the desktop is by removing the graphics card and booting through my dvi cable connected to my mobo. When i have my graphics card connected and my dvi cable is running from it, the apple spinner freezes. I tried to go into boot.plist and type <key>GraphicsEnabler=No</key> which worked (it did display through my graphics card) but only in 1024x768. I didnt have the option to select another display format or anything.

Then i went back into boot.plist and typed

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

but when i tried to reboot it, i got a kernal panic where the screen showed graphic fragments.

After this i tried to find some kexts that might work such as ATI6000Contoler.kext, ATIFrameBuffer.kext and ATISupport.kext but this didnt solve my problem either.

Right now i have my bios set to "PCI". I also tried "PCI x16" again no luck.

Idk what im doing wrong but without the graphics card the system recognizes the display im using, gives me options for 720p and 1080p. The HDMI on the mobo doesnt seem to work though.

Someone help please!

bump for any help!

oops, double post.

I ended up returning the XFX card and buying a Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6870 instead. Plugged it in and it worked great right away.

I ran into the same issue. I'm trying to avoid returning my video card. Here is my specs:

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 f12
Intel i5 2500k
XFX Radeon HD 6850
8GB Kingston DDR3 1600hz RAM
WD Blue 500GB
PSU Corsair Tx600

Yes. I used that and it responds off and on. Is this the required workaround?

I have the same card.and it didn't work with lion. :banghead:

yeah, when I first got my 5850 card I tried to avoid some XFX cards because they weren't reference, altho some were.

I run lion only with my mobo's onboard graphics (intel HD Graphics 3000).When i open;
system information>hardware>Graphics/Display
it shows 2 video card

AMD Radeon HD 6850 Series and
?ntel hd 3000

but i can't use my xfx hd 6850 :thumbdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back