Contribute
Register

XFX GT240 dvi/hdmi/vga How can I get dual display support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
hackintosh
CPU
Graphics
hd6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's showing up as the right card, I have added the ID to nv50.kext in S/L/E

it's Id is 0x0ca310de

Full acceleration, and it is I think trying to output dual display but struggling.

It's fine on DVI, or VGA when just one cable is connected.

when both are connected, it shows the boot up sys check and chameleon boot screen, through to apple boot screen on the VGA, but as soon as the desktop apears it swaps screens to the DVI, and the VGA goes blank.

If i then pull the dvi cable out the back of the card, it swaps over to the VGA screen, but it is the extended desktop that is shown. If I put the DVI back in, the extended view goes blank again.

What is going on? Any Ideas?

set up is as follows, graphics enabler = YES
ID into the NVDANV50Hal.kext

that is it, ive tried adding nvenabler64 but it then stops the system knowing it's got a GT240 installed.

Why is it so hard for a car that's supposed to be plug and play?

Any help gratefully received.

Andy

Update:

It does work out of the box, but I didn't try the HDMI.

It work's fully with HDMI and either of the other 2 outputs. So your main out is HDMI, and your second display is either VGA or DVI.

These are my settings:

XFX GT240 '2011 model' Multibeast 3.7 - graphics enabler = YES and that is it. Dual monitors fully working as long as one is HDMI. Might be worth WIKIing that bit.

Unfortunately it has cost me a bit as my dual displays are VGA only, and I have had to buy 2 new HDMI monitors. (LG22"LED's vga/DVI/HDMI) think I'm covered lol

aspen said:
Update:

It does work out of the box, but I didn't try the HDMI.

It work's fully with HDMI and either of the other 2 outputs. So your main out is HDMI, and your second display is either VGA or DVI.

These are my settings:

XFX GT240 '2011 model' Multibeast 3.7 - graphics enabler = YES and that is it. Dual monitors fully working as long as one is HDMI. Might be worth WIKIing that bit.

Unfortunately it has cost me a bit as my dual displays are VGA only, and I have had to buy 2 new HDMI monitors. (LG22"LED's vga/DVI/HDMI) think I'm covered lol

Update 2:

No it doesn't, basically If I boot up with the HDMI cable in place, it boots up fine, then I plug the DVI lead in and the second monitor kicks into life. And the HDMI display then changes into the secondary display.

And all is well. Until I reboot. Then it doesn't detect the HDMI monitor, just the DVI.

Anyone else had this issue? Is there a way round it?

Can't keep pulling out cables every time can I.

I'll just see what happens if I do a sleep and re-wake and report back.

Update 2:

It does work on dual displays, but only if 1 input is in D-SUB (VGA) and one is in HDMI.

The VGA output automatically sets itself to 1920 x 1080 and the HDMI to 1080p

Annoying that I can;t use the DVI out as that is 1080p too. But at least can't notice any real difference between the quality of VGA and HDMI.
I still don't know what NVCAP is but could it be a string in NVCAP that fixes this issue, or is the HDMI & DVI basically the same output on the GT240?

Hi Aspen,

I'm having a similar issue, but with just one monitor. Can't get it to work, but we have the same card and the same ID, so, just for checking. I bought an HDMI since I read your post, but still can't get it to work properly.

I have one monitor connected through the HDMI output, but stucked at 1024x768 and no QE/CL.

Can you help me and described from scratch how did you managed to get it working?
Should I try a fresh install now that I have the HDMI available for output?

lukedirago said:
Hi Aspen,

I'm having a similar issue, but with just one monitor. Can't get it to work, but we have the same card and the same ID, so, just for checking. I bought an HDMI since I read your post, but still can't get it to work properly.

I have one monitor connected through the HDMI output, but stucked at 1024x768 and no QE/CL.

Can you help me and described from scratch how did you managed to get it working?
Should I try a fresh install now that I have the HDMI available for output?

Take it you got it all working ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back