XFX HD7950
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All,

I figured I'd spend the day trying to get Mountain Lion set up on my new rig. I have everything working (graphics, audio, networking, sleep, etc) with the onboard HD4000 graphics. The problem comes in when I plug my HD7950 in and try to boot. I get a boot0 error screen as seen in the attached picture. If I pull the graphics card out, there are zero issues, everything boots fine. I just followed the latest guides with the latest files available here (Multibeast 5.2.1 and Unibeast 1.7.0 ML). My bios is flashed from http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/msi/ (10.7). I've tried changing the onboard graphics configurations but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone have any experience with this or advice on where to go from here? If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks,
Vince

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    737.9 KB · Views: 594
  • photo copy.jpg
    photo copy.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 358
Just a quick update on this. Switching to the clover bootloader allows me to get to the actual boot screen. I still can't seem to get to the desktop however. If I enable both the discrete and integrated graphics, with the integrated set first, it only boots to the integrated graphics. If I disable integrated graphics, it boots but then goes to a black screen. If I enable both with the discrete set to boot first, the system doesn't boot and hangs (nothing abnormal with -v). The computer seems to be picking up the graphics card:

AMD Radeon HD 7950 Series:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 7950 Series
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 3072 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x679a
Revision ID: 0x0000
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.3180

Are there any suggestions on what to do here?

Thanks,
Vince

Update

Got it working by disabling GraphicsInjection in clover!

Heii man i have the MSI H67MS-E43. I think its almost the same. could you help me how you got it to work. please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back