Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey guys,
will this work OOB?

XFX HD-687A-ZNFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
i've provided a link in case you want full descriptions, just wondering if this card will work OOB with snow leopard and lion. please help!

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6814150506

Hello,

I have the same card and is natively supported in Lion and in SL with the 10.6.8 update.

This is already in Multibeast.

Good luck.

grtitan said:
Hello,

I have the same card and is natively supported in Lion and in SL with the 10.6.8 update.

Good luck.

I am finding it difficult to get it to load any frame buffer. I have tried loading them in lion but none seem to load. I get full res. but no magic mouse.

sorandom said:
grtitan said:
Hello,

Good luck.

I am finding it difficult to get it to load any frame buffer. I have tried loading them in lion but none seem to load. I get full res. but no magic mouse.
hey man did you manage to get both DVIs working with GraphicsEnabler=Yes? i've read from some posts that the 6870 loses one DVI and i've also read some posts about using GraphicsEnabler=No... don't know anyone getting it to work both DVIs with GraphicsEnabler=Yes? any help would be greatly appreciated

sorandom said:
grtitan said:
Hello,

Good luck.

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm on 10.6.8 with that same card and am having the same issue. It worked OOTB, except it won't load a framebuffer. Chimera claims it'd load Duckweed, but ioreg says it's loading RadeonFramebuffer. I can't force it with AtiConfig, either.

Thanks,
Jim

Hey guys,

I got the exact same card. Any update on the dual DVI or the frame buffer or GraphicsEnabler being set to Yes or No? I am starting my install this weekend.

Thanks!

Im in the same position with the exact same card, but with lion. I really need multiple monitor support.

Why was this card recommended by Tony as well if its crippled with lack of full support for multiple monitors?

I can get my Sapphire HD 6870 to display dual monitors by using HDMI + VGA -> DVI with GE=N. I've heard also you can use DVI and MDP -> DVI as well with GE=Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back