Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I can't get my 6870 to have graphics acceleration in ML. I can only boot with GraphicsEnabler=No. I had to delete the ATI6000Controller.kext to get rid of the white screen issue. Any fixes?

after the install used the kextbeast to load the ATI6000kext back again and it seems to work fine for me.
Now i Just need to get this audio working and I am golden.

Fix

I can't get my 6870 to have graphics acceleration in ML. I can only boot with GraphicsEnabler=No. I had to delete the ATI6000Controller.kext to get rid of the white screen issue. Any fixes?

Had the some issue, but I reinstalled the ATI6000.kext (the previously deleted one) with KextWizzard, rebuild permissions and cache, reboot and I had full graphics (no need for GE=No)

I just tried using kext wizard and it didn't work for me. any other suggestions?

Make sure you have the kext on your desktop before you run KextBeast, and it should work.

nope didn't i don't know what the hell is going on. maybe i should move it to my x8 pcie slot. i don't know I'm desperate

The answer is to move back the kext that you moved out to do the install. Use KextWizard, etc to rebuild kernel cache and make sure you have latest Chimera also. It should work (is for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back