Contribute
Register

XFX 6870 2GB Using almost all of it's Memory.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X58A-UD5
CPU
i7-930
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Help] XFX 6870 2GB Using almost all of it's Memory.........

Greets to all on the Forum :wink:

I seem to be having an issue where my GPU looks like it's using All of it's 2GB of memory according to iStat.The fan speed is kinda revved up as well.
Screen Shot 2012-07-26 at 10.16.37 AM.png

On the Windows side of things, all seems well, fan speed is normal etc...
GPUZ.PNG

The Issue is with my Z77X-UD5H running Lion 10.7.4.Is there another way to check if it's really using that amount of memory? My org.chameleon.Boot.plist has GE=Yes Only, which picks up the Card as..........
Screen Shot 2012-07-26 at 10.36.19 AM.png

If i try with ATI Config etc, the system just picks up the card as 6800 Series.If i try my Sapphire 4870, iStat displays as it should and the system picks up the Card as it should....
Sapphire 4870 iStat.png

Sapphire 4870.png

This leaves me to think that it's something to do with Ivy? Strings in boot.plist ? Any suggestions are welcomed and much appreciated..........Bless

I'm in this situation.
My GPU is 1GB.
Do you have any solution?

I've been told Elsewhere that it's just a Bug, but it is Quite strange cause if i place the 6870 into my X58 system it's all good, with iStat reporting Memory usage Very low just like the 4870 so apart from it maybe being a Bug it's surely pointing to the Z77 as the culprit :?:

It's the same on the z68 and it's been doing it since 10.7.4

I have an H55. The fan of my GPU is very fast!

Well i guess that rules out the Z77 being the Issue since you guys have different boards.At least the system is usable........

Was it already working like that in Lion ?

On my X58 system it's reads as it should in Lion & SL.I cant test the Z77X in SL so i dont know......

same problem here. sapphire 5770. UI / switching spaces shows a noticeable lag.
cinebench shows normal 37fps. only happens when in 10.8. no problems in 10.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back