CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can anyone confirm if the new xeon skylake v5 processors are hackintosh compatible? I would prefer a xeon over the i7 6700k simply due to ECC memory being compatible with xeons. Any thoughts?

I would also like to know if there is compatible Xeon & ECC hardware.

I would also like to know if there is compatible Xeon & ECC hardware.
I know that they do have ecc options for hackintosh with older xeon chipsets. Personally I would rather use newer skylake xeons. So if don't care about skylake, that may be an option for you.

I know this is slightly necro but yes. I am running Sierra latest build with a ASUS e3 pro gaming v5 mb and a Xeon Skylake E3 1230 V5

I know this is slightly necro but yes. I am running Sierra latest build with a ASUS e3 pro gaming v5 mb and a Xeon Skylake E3 1230 V5
Thanks for the reply! I wish I would have known that before I made my 6700k build. I would have used the gigabyte gaming ecc board line up and overclock via baseclock.

Hey! Sorry to revive an old thread but I'm hackintoshing my E3 pro gaming V5 right now and I was wondering if you managed to get your onboard Realtek HD Audio working? I'm reading around and it looks like there are various kexts but I don't know which one to get because I can't find anywhere that lists which specific audio codec is on this motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back