Graphics
Quadro FX 5600 ( for win ) - with the original Mac OSX drivers
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, does anybody knows how to get Yose or Capitan run with the New Xeon E5 v4 Processors?
Got a e5 2699v3 in Yose running.
Cinebench r11,5 is 21,8 (only 15cores with HT so 30 Cores - more dont work)
Now i got some e5 2699v4 but looks like they need another Kernel...
Anyone got any infos?

Last edited:
Hi, does anybody knows how to get Yose or Capitan run with the New Xeon E5 v4 Processors?
Got a e5 2699v3 in Yose running.
Cinebench r11,5 is 21,8 (only 15cores with HT so 30 Cores - more dont work)
Now i got some e5 2699v4 but looks like they need another Kernel...
Anyone got any infos?
Got a couple of E5-2699 V4 on an ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS and I thought it would be interesting to install El Capitan on this system. I don't even know if it's possible with 44 cores.

Did you ever get the Xeon v4 to run on Yosemite? I'd even settle for that on my 2697v4.

I am running dual Xeon E5-2690v4s (for a total of 28 physical cores, 56 logical). Works flawlessly, even sleep and various CPU power management features work perfectly. Use a fake cpuid on El Capitan (0x306F2 - which is for V3 Xeons) and use regular clover patches as needed but its not much more than that.

If you want to do it on Sierra however, it requires fairly extensive kernel patching with a recent version of clover to even boot. I am posting a guide very soon however, and do have Sierra working perfectly on dual Xeon V4s as well. It's at worst a bit easier to pull off on single package Xeon build.

I am running dual Xeon E5-2690v4s (for a total of 28 physical cores, 56 logical). Works flawlessly, even sleep and various CPU power management features work perfectly. Use a fake cpuid on El Capitan (0x306F2 - which is for V3 Xeons) and use regular clover patches as needed but its not much more than that.

If you want to do it on Sierra however, it requires fairly extensive kernel patching with a recent version of clover to even boot. I am posting a guide very soon however, and do have Sierra working perfectly on dual Xeon V4s as well. It's at worst a bit easier to pull off on single package Xeon build.

Very interesting...

Is it possible to get your settings for Sierra. I'm trying to get a Xeon E5-1603 working and keep getting kernel panics on boot.
Thanks.

Got a couple of E5-2699 V4 on an ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS and I thought it would be interesting to install El Capitan on this system. I don't even know if it's possible with 44 cores.
LGA2011-

Very good news to hear; I recently did a build which features 2x Intel Xeon E5-2698 on an ASUS Z10PED8 WS, but unfortunately it was a rush job and I didn't have enough to time to try Hackintoshing it before needing to drop it off at my friend's office.

However, I may be picking it up again soon so I will be checking back in on this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back