Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, V1 don't work? That's the probably the reason.

Thank you.
Well the original post was for Sandy Bridge CPU's - The original post says to use MacPro5,1 with E5-2680v1 and it shows in the images that NullCPM was used. Have you read the full thread, there might be something you missed ?

Martin

Well the original post was for Sandy Bridge CPU's - The original post says to use MacPro5,1 with E5-2680v1 and it shows in the images that NullCPM was used. Have you read the full thread, there might be something you missed ?

Martin

Sorry, double answer, i was writing in the same time :)

The post is enormous, i tried keywords search. But now i assume it is a possibility i'll dig it deeper

Sorry, double answer, i was writing in the same time :)

The post is enormous, i tried keywords search. But now i assume it is a possibility i'll dig it deeper
Check out Everymac.com and search for an iMac definition that's close to your 2680 sandy bridge cpu's and that should hopefully give you a better starting base. I know I struggled like hell with V1 chips.

Martin

Here's wikipedia's Sandy Bridge Apple gear list.

Nothing really matches :-/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 16.22.54.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 16.22.54.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 243
The May 2011 iMac 2.8-3.4 would possibly work for you, that's an iMac12,1

Martin

Thank you Martin.

By curiosity may i know why this one rather than another?
Purely on the grounds that it is Sandy Bridge with speeds comparable to the E5-2680 v1

Martin

Hi,

I'm trying to do the same build than the one posted at this thread's begin.

When I watch the MultiBeast install chart, I see that patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement box is checked, and it looks that MultiBeast version is the Lion one. So I wonder which version is chosen since the most recent possible in that MultiBeast is for Ivy Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back