ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS
CPU
Dual E5-2680 v1
Graphics
GTX660 Ti
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you Martin.

By curiosity may i know why this one rather than another?
Purely on the grounds that it is Sandy Bridge with speeds comparable to the E5-2680 v1

Martin

Graphics
Nvidia Quadro K2000m
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi,

I'm trying to do the same build than the one posted at this thread's begin.

When I watch the MultiBeast install chart, I see that patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement box is checked, and it looks that MultiBeast version is the Lion one. So I wonder which version is chosen since the most recent possible in that MultiBeast is for Ivy Bridge.

Motherboard
ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS
CPU
Dual E5-2680 v1
Graphics
GTX660 Ti
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,

I'm trying to do the same build than the one posted at this thread's begin.

When I watch the MultiBeast install chart, I see that patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement box is checked, and it looks that MultiBeast version is the Lion one. So I wonder which version is chosen since the most recent possible in that MultiBeast is for Ivy Bridge.
MacPro6,1 is Ivy bridge CPU but when I tried using that smBios with Sandybridge it wouldn't work at all.
With the powerful 2680 cpu's you want power management and looking at those original kexts being applied it would suggest it was a problem area for those cpu's, there is no point in applying the patched AICPUPM and also having the NullCPUPM as well. The solution will be in here somewhere.

I remember having a real difficult time getting ssdtPRGen to generate a power management solution getting lots of smbios, cpu family and motherboard incompatibility errors and warnings. I eventually sourced some cheap ES version Ivy-bridge cpu's and then the MacPro6,1 was achievable out the box so to speak.

Martin

Graphics
Nvidia Quadro K2000m
Mobile Phone
Android
Ok, but why does it look so easy when i read some posts about that type of build (Z9PE-D8 WS + E5 V1)?

I updated my mobo to the last BIOS maybe it was a mistake?

Thank you for your help.

Motherboard
ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS
CPU
Dual E5-2680 v1
Graphics
GTX660 Ti
Mobile Phone
iOS
I updated my mobo to the last BIOS maybe it was a mistake?
Not at all - If I remember rightly the MSR0x02 was locked until version 5304 or something like that. So you have done the right thing there.

Ok, but why does it look so easy when i read some posts about that type of build (Z9PE-D8 WS + E5 V1)?
If you look to the first post, he says he used OS X Lion, the detection/protection routines were not that great in Lion, and it made it a relatively simple install with Legacy boot. With each passing release however OS X has constantly changed things around which has frequently busted working installations. Sadly it's the way of the Hackintosh.

Martin

Graphics
Nvidia Quadro K2000m
Mobile Phone
Android
I'll try installing Lion to delete any other possible issues then. I'll keep you in touche.

Motherboard
ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS
CPU
Dual E5-2680 v1
Graphics
GTX660 Ti
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'll try installing Lion to delete any other possible issues then. I'll keep you in touche.
Good luck with that :) I can't get Lion 10.7 here anymore in the UK.

Martin