read the
Graphics
Rules
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my third hackintosh. I have had an easy time with the previous two but I didn't want to see this gem of a cpu go to waste (xeon 1270-v3) 1150 socket. So I found an ecs h81h3-m4 motherboard which recognizes the cpu and will boot the windows installer. But each time I try to load the macOs installer I get a kernel panic.

I do know that the VIA audio will be a no go. I have a USB audio solution in place. Behringer UCA-222

I am using a supported gpu (Quadro 600) which is identical to my last build, so I'm fairly certain that it isn't that piece. As it will try to load both with and without the Nvidia flag.

If anyone has encountered this before please chime in.

Attachments

• kernel panic.jpg
    kernel panic.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 614
Last edited:
For the can't perform kext scan: no kext summary
  • Try setting SMBIOS > Trust=true in your config.plist
  • If you use only one stick of RAM try moving it to a different slot.

For the OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
  • Add slide=0 kernel flag to the Boot Arguments in Clover's config.plist
  • Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x03 in Clovers config.plist.
  • If that doesn't work, in addition to the above, try using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

For the can't perform kext scan: no kext summary
  • Try setting SMBIOS > Trust=true in your config.plist
  • If you use only one stick of RAM try moving it to a different slot.

For the OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
  • Add slide=0 kernel flag to the Boot Arguments in Clover's config.plist
  • Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x03 in Clovers config.plist.
  • If that doesn't work, in addition to the above, try using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Thanks for the insight BreBo. I tried your suggestions, without much luck. While booting in Verbose

I now get the following error(s)

but oddly enough it doesn't auto exit.

Attachments

• osxaptiofix error.jpg
    osxaptiofix error.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 374
This is my third hackintosh. I have had an easy time with the previous two but I didn't want to see this gem of a cpu go to waste (xeon 1270-v3) 1150 socket. So I found an ecs h81h3-m4 motherboard which recognizes the cpu and will boot the windows installer. But each time I try to load the macOs installer I get a kernel panic.

I do know that the VIA audio will be a no go. I have a USB audio solution in place. Behringer UCA-222

I am using a supported gpu (Quadro 600) which is identical to my last build, so I'm fairly certain that it isn't that piece. As it will try to load both with and without the Nvidia flag.

If anyone has encountered this before please chime in.

I assume that the BIOS is legacy and the problem is probably a locked MSR. There was a PMpatch utility that I can no longer find on the web, where the patch was a matter of extracting a copy of the BIOS, running the PMpatch utility and re-flashing the BIOS with the modded file. With today's Clover there may be a workaround, but you will have search for it as I do not have the details.

An alternative is find a Gigabyte motherboard for your Xeon CPU as the BIOS support is much better IMHO.

Good modding,
neil

I assume that the BIOS is legacy and the problem is probably a locked MSR. There was a PMpatch utility that I can no longer find on the web, where the patch was a matter of extracting a copy of the BIOS, running the PMpatch utility and re-flashing the BIOS with the modded file. With today's Clover there may be a workaround, but you will have search for it as I do not have the details.

An alternative is find a Gigabyte motherboard for your Xeon CPU as the BIOS support is much better IMHO.

Good modding,
neil

Neil,

I realize that Gigabyte boards offer the best compatibility, as I have 2 already. This ecs board was the cheapest I could find to test my theory about this CPU. This BIOS is UEFI, and As H81 is compatible I thought this might work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back