Contribute
Register

Xeon Asus Z10PE-D16 WS Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 241365 Success Xeon / Asus Z10PE-D16 WS Build

Total ReWrite of my original post...

I've decided to try for the above Xeon Motherboard based on the availability of the board and the progress others have made with the Z9 variant of the same.

Board is ordered... Waiting on it and other parts for the build. Will post progress as it occurs.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

E . D . I . T . E . D . I . T . March 12, 2017.

With the aide and assistance of many here and other places, I managed to have a functioning
Asus Dual CPU Mobo, the Z10PE-D16 ws
(2) - Xeon E5-2640 v4 10 core (20 physical/40 w/ both CPUs)
32Gram
980ti graphics
logickeyboard - resolve edition
kensington trackballpro
32" HP Envy34c Curved Wide Screen panel
Corsair HX1200i PSU

Functional graphics/editing/finishing/developing long life box.
Not much but good to say about the board. Lots of realestate.

Attachment "Z10PE-D16ws_billg_tonymacUpload" below was the most current plist to date.

Prior to this success, I had purchase v3 Xeons, and I got no where with installing.
Sucked it up and got a pair of v4's. Problem solved.
v3's will be repurposed into any future Asus X99-M WS builds, of which one is under way.

Anyway, attached is the functioning config file. Look it over, pump in a serial number manually or with Clover. Manual thru TextWrangler would probably be 100% full proof in not twisting anything in the plist, imho.

Updated to my most recent plist. I had some issues with nVidia web. All that is solved once I used the terminal to allow 3rd party software to be installed proper. After that was done, I finally got nVidia Control Panel working on the preference pane. It would crash after a few minutes on any boot. Now all is good.

Bill

It looks like the attachment of the config file is no longer available from the link. Would you mind reattaching your config file please? I'd like to review the settings you have used to get a successful install.

I am using 2x E5 2683 v3 processors (SR1XH) and these work in this motherboard (i'm using the latest 3304 BIOS).

3304 it's not latest Bios, the latest one is 3407 try it:)

and could you send me or upload anywhere your EFI-folder and also Bios settings, because still can't get to work my system:

ASUS Z10PE-16 WS
2x Zeon E5 2650 v3
128gb RAM (8x 16GB) Crucial
2x Noctua NH-U14S
Corsair HX1000i PSU

thanks

Last edited:
Success installing OSX Sierra on the Asus Z10PE16WS with 2x E5 2683 v3 processors!

I am documenting this setup here mainly for my own reference if I ever need to reinstall, but also in the hopes it will be helpful to others facing the same challenges of getting their hackintosh OSX Sierra setup on this motherboard.

My current specs:
ASUS Z0PE16WS motherboard
2x Zeon E5 2683 v3 (SR1XH) processors
2x Noctua NH-9 CPU Coolers
4x 16gb Samsung M393A2G40DB0-CPB memory chips (64gb total)
nVidia GTX1080ti video card
Corsair Axi1500 1500w PSU
Cougar Panzer case (I removed the CD drive bay to fit the 12x13 board)

First, some of the infos of this board and other info flying around regarding it:
1. Many older (circa 2015-2016) posts on here state it is impossible to install hackintosh on a dual CPU system. While this may be true for the older OSX versions (pre 10.12 Sierra), I did not have this issue using the latest Unibeast 7 and Sierra 10.12.5 from Apple.

2. This motherboard supports both v3 and v4 processors. However, there is very little information on determining which ones. I, like many others had issues with using my first set of CPUs which were 2x E5 2695 v3 (QCSD code) processors. Which was an A0 core stepping CPU. It did not even boot into POST or BIOS. Just beep codes and B0 error Q-code. So, I got 2x QS 2683 v3 (SR1XH) processors instead and these worked fine. I used valuable information regarding ES and QS Zeon processors from these two web sites below to realize this mobo requires the C0 or above core stepping v3 or v4 chips (C0,C1, M0,M1, etc.). The A0 core stepping chips WILL NOT WORK! There are likely many others including v4 ES chips that MAY NOT WORK in this mobo. Rule of thumb here is to avoid ES processors and stick with the QS ones instead, or just go retail and not worry about it. Here are the two helpful info sites:

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/es-xeon-discussion.5031/page-16
http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/QG/QGN4.html#specs

3. As many have pointed out, this motherboard takes awhile to boot up. You may just see a blank screen for about 20 seconds or more before it shows any BIOS loading text (if using a PCI video card). Be patient and do not restart the PC. It may also run the BIOS loading text twice. When the text comes up, hit the 'Delete' key to get into BIOS Setup. Once in there...

The BIOS Settings:
You'll need to make some changes to your BIOS first. Here are the settings I changed from the default settings:
1. Under IntelRCSetup>IIO Configuration>Intel VT for Directed I/O (vTD) set this to Disabled.
2. Under the PCH sSATA setting choose AHCI.
3. Under Security>Secure Boot Mode set to Disabled.
4. I am using HyperThreading enabled (Under Processor Configuration). Some say not to use it though.

The Install:
After creating the Unibeast 7 USB stick (I used a 16gb Sandisk and created it from another El Capitan hackintosh I have), I was able to get through the USB install process using these boot options (I found from another post here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ono-and-2-x-intel-xeon-e5-2650v3-help.178531/).

Booting with -v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1

I use the Clover 'Options->Boot Args' to set the boot option string above, then I also select the Graphics Injector->InjectEDID checkbox. Click 'Return', then select the USB drive icon with arrow keys, then press the space bar, scroll down and then check the 'Use XNU CPUPM (-xcpm)' checkbox. Then I select 'Boot macOS with options selected'.

You don't have to use the -v (verbose), but it will help if you are having issues to see where the hangup is.

This should get the USB installer booting. Just follow the install and it will reboot. When this occurs, hold the Delete key again to get into BIOS Setup, then go to the exit screen and select your USB drive (as UEFI) and boot to that (the USB Installer again). When this comes up, perform the same task again except this time selecting the SSD or HDD you installed OSX to:

I use the Clover 'Options->Boot Args' to set the boot option string above, then I also select the Graphics Injector->InjectEDID checkbox. Click 'Return', then select the SSD or HDD drive icon with arrow keys, then press the space bar, scroll down and then check the 'Use XNU CPUPM (-xcpm)' checkbox. Then I select 'Boot macOS with options selected'.

You should now have a working version of OSX Sierra, without any of the peripherals setup yet (video, audio, LAN, etc). It is now time to install MultiBeast (for Sierra), and get your Clover setup on the SSD or HDD so you can now boot from the SSD/HDD itself. I will post my config.plist settings once that part is done so others can use it for a quick start. I'll also try getting the latest nVidia web drivers for the 1080ti next.

Hope this information is helpful to others facing the same issues.

@gilly, maybe you have some more details regarding the nVidia web drivers you used, and possibly other kexts that are useful nd/or compatible with this motherboard?

@lordstar I will post my config.plist once I have it fully working. I am at the post install stage ATM. Getting ready to run Multibeast and then Clover configs till I get it booting on it's own. The info above should be helpful for you to get the USB installer running though.

Last edited:
It looks like the attachment of the config file is no longer available from the link. Would you mind reattaching your config file please? I'd like to review the settings you have used to get a successful install.

N/M I found it under the pics. Thanks for providing it. ;-)

could you just upload your config.plist

could you just upload your config.plist

Did you get sorted? I thought I posted everything on the first post of the thread. I will dbl chk.

I did notice you were using v3 chips. I had no luck with them and bought v4. There is some real differences between the two. It's not just simple updated version. I could never get the installer working under this setup. When I got the v4's, install was a breeze.

Thank you so much, my rig have the same specs. Can I have your email or any social account for contacting?
I have so many issue when install macos on my PC before.

Success installing OSX Sierra on the Asus Z10PE16WS with 2x E5 2683 v3 processors!

I am documenting this setup here mainly for my own reference if I ever need to reinstall, but also in the hopes it will be helpful to others facing the same challenges of getting their hackintosh OSX Sierra setup on this motherboard.

My current specs:

First, some of the infos of this board and other info flying around regarding it:
1. Many older (circa 2015-2016) posts on here state it is impossible to install hackintosh on a dual CPU system. While this may be true for the older OSX versions (pre 10.12 Sierra), I did not have this issue using the latest Unibeast 7 and Sierra 10.12.5 from Apple.

2. This motherboard supports both v3 and v4 processors. However, there is very little information on determining which ones. I, like many others had issues with using my first set of CPUs which were 2x E5 2695 v3 (QCSD code) processors. Which was an A0 core stepping CPU. It did not even boot into POST or BIOS. Just beep codes and B0 error Q-code. So, I got 2x QS 2683 v3 (SR1XH) processors instead and these worked fine. I used valuable information regarding ES and QS Zeon processors from these two web sites below to realize this mobo requires the C0 or above core stepping v3 or v4 chips (C0,C1, M0,M1, etc.). The A0 core stepping chips WILL NOT WORK! There are likely many others including v4 ES chips that MAY NOT WORK in this mobo. Rule of thumb here is to avoid ES processors and stick with the QS ones instead, or just go retail and not worry about it. Here are the two helpful info sites:

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/es-xeon-discussion.5031/page-16

3. As many have pointed out, this motherboard takes awhile to boot up. You may just see a blank screen for about 20 seconds or more before it shows any BIOS loading text (if using a PCI video card). Be patient and do not restart the PC. It may also run the BIOS loading text twice. When the text comes up, hit the 'Delete' key to get into BIOS Setup. Once in there...

The BIOS Settings:
You'll need to make some changes to your BIOS first. Here are the settings I changed from the default settings:
1. Under IntelRCSetup>IIO Configuration>Intel VT for Directed I/O (vTD) set this to Disabled.
4. I am using HyperThreading enabled (Under Processor Configuration). Some say not to use it though.

The Install:
After creating the Unibeast 7 USB stick (I used a 16gb Sandisk and created it from another El Capitan hackintosh I have), I was able to get through the USB install process using these boot options (I found from another post here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ono-and-2-x-intel-xeon-e5-2650v3-help.178531/).

I use the Clover 'Options->Boot Args' to set the boot option string above, then I also select the Graphics Injector->InjectEDID checkbox. Click 'Return', then select the USB drive icon with arrow keys, then press the space bar, scroll down and then check the 'Use XNU CPUPM (-xcpm)' checkbox. Then I select 'Boot macOS with options selected'.

You don't have to use the -v (verbose), but it will help if you are having issues to see where the hangup is.

This should get the USB installer booting. Just follow the install and it will reboot. When this occurs, hold the Delete key again to get into BIOS Setup, then go to the exit screen and select your USB drive (as UEFI) and boot to that (the USB Installer again). When this comes up, perform the same task again except this time selecting the SSD or HDD you installed OSX to:

I use the Clover 'Options->Boot Args' to set the boot option string above, then I also select the Graphics Injector->InjectEDID checkbox. Click 'Return', then select the SSD or HDD drive icon with arrow keys, then press the space bar, scroll down and then check the 'Use XNU CPUPM (-xcpm)' checkbox. Then I select 'Boot macOS with options selected'.

You should now have a working version of OSX Sierra, without any of the peripherals setup yet (video, audio, LAN, etc). It is now time to install MultiBeast (for Sierra), and get your Clover setup on the SSD or HDD so you can now boot from the SSD/HDD itself. I will post my config.plist settings once that part is done so others can use it for a quick start. I'll also try getting the latest nVidia web drivers for the 1080ti next.

@gilly, maybe you have some more details regarding the nVidia web drivers you used, and possibly other kexts that are useful nd/or compatible with this motherboard?

@lordstar I will post my config.plist once I have it fully working. I am at the post install stage ATM. Getting ready to run Multibeast and then Clover configs till I get it booting on it's own. The info above should be helpful for you to get the USB installer running though.

Can I have your email or any social account for contacting?
The Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter

Should I pull out the my 1080ti fe and install with motherboard integrated gpu?
My installation stuck at

com.apple.WindowServer <Warning> Service exited with abnormal code: 1
com.apple.WindowServer <Notice> Service only ran for 0 senconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

My current specs:

The BIOS Settings:

The Install:

how i should use the plist inside the archive (configZ10PE-D16.plist.zip)? where i need to put that?

thanks ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back