CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Successfully clean installed Sierra. All working except Xcode menu items are grayed out as shown below.
All other programs and apps work fine.
Am running Nvidia Web drivers on two monitors using display port connections on a GTX 950 2GB card.
When I take the card out and connect a monitor to the on board graphics via a HDMI cable Xcode works fine.
Have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.
Have uninstalled and re-downloaded and reinstalled Xcode.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 9.51.04 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 9.51.04 pm.png
    133 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Solved this one. For some reason if I set the first graphics option in the BIOS to the PCIE slot for my graphics card, I get the corruption in Xcode.
When I set it to the IGFX as the first graphics device, the system still boots and uses the GTX 950 and Xcode is normal.
However, you cannot see the clover boot screen as there is nothing connected to the IGFX output.
A way around this is to disable the onboard IGFX completely (IMPORTANT - ensure that first graphics option is set to your PCIE slot for your discrete graphics card, i.e. NOT the IGFX option) and then you can see the clover boot screen and Xcode operates normally.
However, be aware if you do this, you may end up in a situation where if you cannot boot from your discrete graphics card, you will not be able to use your internal IGFX without doing a reset of your BIOS (CMOS clear etc).
Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
I have been looking for a solution to this! Thank you!

By the way how do you disable IGFX completely? I have a gigabyte gaming 5 motherboard. At the moment I have IGFX enabled and as you said I can't see the clover boot screen. Is there going to be a better solution in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back