Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
has any one had success using their wired xbox controller using the xbox controller pref pane??? i have tried two different controllers niether have worked.

Same problem here, it's weird how people here don't say a word sometimes.

Have you tried Motion Joy?

Works with my PS3 controller, can't imagine it would have any issues with xbox.

Sasquatch00 said:
Have you tried Motion Joy?

Works with my PS3 controller, can't imagine it would have any issues with xbox.

I don't see a Mac version of that anywhere...

are you using a wired controller or just hooking up the charging cable to it? the cable doesn't do anything but just charge.

I got this to work in Mavericks by installing version .11 of the tattiebogle driver. I first installed .12 but got the NO DEVICES FOUND error. Also, unplugging the controller would freeze my system and force a reboot. Uninstalled it by manually deleting all the installed files. Then plugged in the controller. Checked system profiler to see if it was being recognized. It was, but listed as an unconfigured device. Installed version .11. The unconfigured device warning was now gone. Opened the 360 preference pane and FINALLY the device showed up, and it registered my button presses. Fired up Tomb Raider and it worked without any more configuring. Able to unplug the controller.

EDIT: Scratch that. Didn't survive a reboot. Curious that it did work though. Seems like if somebody spent a little time fixing the driver the problem could be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back