Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA X99 UD4
CPU
Graphics
GTX 970
Hello team,

I created and installed my build a while ago and I'm using it for around 10 months now. I followed the Clover proceedings and the guides spreaded around the forum and was able to install Yosemite without any big trouble.

After, 2 months or so, I noticed random reboots were happening while I was working, but I didn't know what would be the reason. The mouse would freeze for 3 seconds and then the system reboots. The only thing I noticed was that a external hard drive in the ExFat format would always get "corrupted" everytime this random reboot happened, but I would run Disk Utility to first aid it and would be all okay. I stopped using this external hard drive to see if it was what caused the troubled, but it keep happening. (RAM management issue?)

One day I started to organize my files using Finder, moving things around and deleting stuff, when the reboot happened. I would begin to organize the files again and it would happen again. After some months watching the symptoms, I'm 100% sure this only happens when I move or delete files on Finder. Sometimes it takes a while to reboot when I'm organizing stuff on Finder, sometimes I'm just moving some file I downloaded to the Applications folder and it happens.

Did this happened to anyone else? Anybody knows how to fix it?

My build:
GA-X99-UD4
i7 5820k overclocked to 4.0Ghz
32 GB 2133 corsair ram
GeForce GTX 580 1536 MB
OSX 10.10.5

Thanks so much in advance.

Cheers from Brazil,

Last edited:
anybody could throw me some ideas? ram management? power management? gpu? trying to scan the forum for a while now to find anything like it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back