Contribute
Register

X99 Motherboards with Socket 2011-3 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ASUS X99-DELUXE and was able to use HDA kexts in the most recent MultiBeast to get audio working. FWIW... might want to remove VooDooHDA and try MultiBeast...

Hey BoomR,
could you clarify which HDA kext you're using? I tried the ALC1150, but OS X doesn't seem to recognize any audio devices with it. VoodooHDA works (kind of) but has unacceptable sound quality...

Thanks, and merry x-mas everyone

which is the best x99 mobo for hackintosh with full compatibility?

I have ASUS X99-DELUXE and was able to use HDA kexts in the most recent MultiBeast to get audio working. FWIW... might want to remove VooDooHDA and try MultiBeast...

BoomR, Are you running that Asus X99-Deluxe with native power management? Or patched? Does it really matter any more..

GIGABYTE GA-X99-GAMING G1 WIFI here, not the most popular of their X99 boards, but I upgraded to OS X 10.2 and their F9 BIOS and Geekbench is up 23% on both single and multicore specs.

(Single/Multicore scores)
F8 BIOS, OS X 10.1: 3289/19146
F9 BIOS, OS X 10.2: 4024/23683

Just food for thought. Proc support is still a hack in the kernel, and sleep support varies by MB. http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html

This build is by far NOT intended as an hackintosh but since people are wondering about the ASUS Rampage mobo I might as well try its hackintosh capabilities.

The setup:
2 x Samsung 850 pro 256GB (mayby usign raid 0)
Gigabyte 980 4gb g1 gaming
Asus Rampage x99 v extreme
Corsair 32GB 2666Mhz domaintor
i7 5930k
2 x WD 3GB Green (no raid)
Acer 28" XB280HK predator 4k with gsync

If anyone can see anything right now that wont work tell me so I dont waste my time in vain. No idea how well corsairs ram works with hackintoshes, the buyingguide always lists Crucial)

Ill return later with the results.

I was able to get a build running using a Asus Rampage V Extreme with just a couple things that still need fixing.

Components are:
Asus Rampage V Extreme
Intel Core i7 5820k 6-core
nvidia GTX 970 4Gb
16gb G-Skill Ripjaws
1Tb Seagate barracuda

Everything worked after install except the 5ghz wifi and audio which I believe can be patched.
The 2.4ghz wifi and BT4.0 work though.

I have a X99-UD5-WIFI Gigabyte board, 32gigs of DDR4 and 2x970 SLI GTX EVGA cards and everything is working very well.

I have to use VoodooHDA for audio, but i get by with it (for now). I have no issues so far graphically with a single display on my SLI, never tried 2 or 3 displays. For anyone building a new machine definitely get a X99 and 970/980 GPU, the support is just going to get better, its already mostly functional right now and I use it as a daily work machine on 10.10 doing programming / xcode / iOS Sim / Web / etc.

also my Motu PCI-424 card works no issues if you are into pro audio.

How is your build so far ? Is it worth over the UD4 ? If it is ready, could you post a step by step method and some benchmarks?
What exact model of ram did you used. How about Logic / audio performance ? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back