Contribute
Register

X99 Motherboards with Socket 2011-3 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not a graphic problem but we need a patched kernel.

I'm not 100% sure that's what the problem is. It doesn't sound like graphics though.

Thanks guys. In BIOS disabling "Execute Disable Bit" resulted in a reboot instead of black screen.
-At the same place: directly following "Starting Darwin x86_64" and boot args.. Had to capture this moment on video as it happens fast.

Thanks guys. In BIOS disabling "Execute Disable Bit" resulted in a reboot instead of black screen.
-At the same place: directly following "Starting Darwin x86_64" and boot args.. Had to capture this moment on video as it happens fast.

Thank you Davebot

Try these flags for Chimera/Chameleon: dart=0 npci=0x3000 -force64 darkwake=0
may be try still: PCIRootUID=1
for Nvidia Cards: GraphicsEnabler=No

I am also very interested in starting Gygabyte x99 platform...

Anyone want to try this Clover folder? You just need to drag it onto the EFI partition of the install drive and then boot from it. The config.plist has MacPro6,1 SMBios, and the KernelPM patch (for haswell early reboot). In the 10.9 kexts folder: FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, and GenericUSBXHCI.

I'm still pretty convinced it's a kernel issue, although I'm not sure the standard Haswell patch is the solution. RehabMan or Pike R Alpha would know better than me since they are the ones who originally developed the patch.

Attachments

• Clover_X99_1.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 191
From what I can tell these boards have a ton of BIOS options, so who knows, that could be the problem as well

Anyone want to try this Clover folder? You just need to drag it onto the EFI partition of the install drive and then boot from it. The config.plist has MacPro6,1 SMBios, and the KernelPM patch (for haswell early reboot). In the 10.9 kexts folder: FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, and GenericUSBXHCI.

I'm still pretty convinced it's a kernel issue, although I'm not sure the standard Haswell patch is the solution. RehabMan or Pike R Alpha would know better than me since they are the ones who originally developed the patch.

ok i try !

ps: bootflags "darkwake etC..." doesn't change anythings

image.jpg
Every time i try with clover, i have this message. And stuck..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back